Page 41 of 72 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Steve, your actions are commendable. Our family will circulate the go fund me page to hopefully gain more resources. Every hunter needs to step up here, no matter how small your donation is. Thanks again Steve!!!
    $100.00 sent.
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

Only 82 people have contributed so far. The rest of you need to step up. 10 bucks from every hunter is BC would be a huge $$$ amount. Who can't afford $10?

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post
    Only 82 people have contributed so far. The rest of you need to step up. 10 bucks from every hunter is BC would be a huge $$$ amount. Who can't afford $10?
    Agreed. There are HBC'ers who have posted hundreds, sometimes thousands of comments about a range of topics. Many of those keyboard experts need to step up.

Quote Originally Posted by MattB View Post

It's weird. We have 1000 BCUF page members, over 300 shares of the gofundme. Whats up you guys? seriously?
    The #1 killer of the game is predation. NUMBER ONE. "Habitat loss, man made access" FOR SURE !!! For SURE this is key factors. Easy access means wolves can cover WAY more ground easier. ( more than they would without it). Less wintering timber means LESS COVER TO HIDE. Its the perfect storm to create MORE wolves. These things are breeding according to what the enabling factors are allowing them to. 'Pockets' of hidden ungulates needed for important birthing numbers are getting gobbled up and not staying hidden. Its easy as shit to figure it out. The fact is, there's a wild fire of wolves ripping across numerous locations and NO ONE 'was' doing anything about it. WHY?????? This is the mind boggling part. Because of how it 'looks' ??
    We are at the point, it cant matter how it looks - period. "Oh, its a touchy subject, we have to deal with it the right way". Answer, " oh really? ok, lets sit on our asses, watch the fire rip from our windows until 'someone' comes up with a route to deal with the 'touchy subject'. Maybe we can just take away hunting opportunities from hunters INSTEAD and THAT will 'look' good enough".
    Ya, NOT TOF@CKINGDAY, NO MORE BS.

This issue is the #1 reason I first came online 10 years ago and it was on HBC. All I saw was an opportunity to spread wolf trapping knowledge and show everyone what needed to be done. Remember? 'Wolf Trapping thread' ? Remember the ego dented hunters that attacked me?? Board members from the WSSBC attacked me, board members from the BCWF attacked me, FN band council started shit, etc ect. I think the entire province attacked me actually. What happened? It smoothened out, 100% of the hunters patted me on the back, sat back and let me hammer out $10k of my money and made a big obvious difference in the Pemberton Valley. WTF????

I think the most I left from my pocket in one night at the WSSBC banquet was $5800.00, usually average $2500 to 3k when I have attended. HOW MUCH IS GOING TO THE NUMBER ONE CAUSE OF DEATH?????

Throw the eff down you guys !!!

Its time now. The proof is in, the action is now, the people have rallied.

The wild sheep got $100K in one weekend few days ago. Guess what? We are killing wolves around the Fraser, Kamloops, Reg 7B and NOW we are killing wolves around dall sheep !!!!

WTF???? So 'we' are enhancing ALL the game and we get $6k ??? SERIOUSLY? And 100% of our effort is tending to the easily proven 100% cause of death ??

Like I said earlier, if you hunt where we are spending sweat and money to make it better for YOU, tell us WHY you aren't throwing down. If you are, and a friend isn't, ask them WHY and let us know WHY. Ask every club you belong to WHY they aren't throwing us some $$.

If its politics or ego, I'd love to kick em square in the nuts, HARD. I have so had it up to the nuts with bull shit.

NO grizzly hunt, less mule deer hunting, less moose, wolves effing EVERYWHERE. REALLY????

Its TIME. No more dancing around all insecure like with this 'touchy subject', no more, no effing more !!!!

Throw down you guys. https://www.gofundme.com/ungulate-conservation-bc

Quote Originally Posted by cuervosail View Post
    Agreed. There are HBC'ers who have posted hundreds, sometimes thousands of comments about a range of topics. Many of those keyboard experts need to step up.
    Yep, if everyone donated the equivalent of the cost of ONE tank of fuel for their truck, the movement would be very well supplied. Unfortunately, in my experience with hunters, the majority are content to let the minority do all the heavy lifting while ALL reap the benefits. Come on HBC members, prove me wrong!!
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

At that if everyone donated a f’n loonie each time this thread was viewed we would have $36,000!! DO IT PEOPLE!!! Come on!
    Tell it how it is!!!

325 yes you are right , but please don't call them hunters. Hunters are the first line of conservationist in the outdoors. People that sit on their asses and watch others do all the work are not conservationist nor true hunters. They know what the problem is and what the salutation should be, SO LETS GET IT DONE. We will easily spend 400-500 on a weekend hunting and come home with nothing but a story of seeing nothing but wolf tracks . Ask some of the old timers like myself how it used to be . Moose hunting near Boston Bar , Taking your pick of 5 to 10 bucks a day in most of the province . Hunting griz within a couple hours of Vancouver, Its all being taken away from us, lets do something about it. Imagine if Steve and us had the backing (that I hope we are going to get) 10 years ago when he started this wolf trapping program. Imagine the thousands and thousands of ungulates we would still have roaming the woods and how many more great hunting opportunity we would have. I know money can be very tight to many of us, but isn't $50, $100 or more worth a future of great hunting in the province. And if thing are so tight even that is to much maybe give up a couple coffees ,a pack of smokes or even a couple beer next time you go out and donate $10 to better hunting in our province. The $10 dollars will show all the people doing the work you care

That's the fact of it. Spend a bit of money now for predator control, or spend lots of money on your hunting trips with poor results later.

This is an investment in the future of hunting and conservation. A small investment from many people will pay off huge dividends in the future.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

guest Guest

Just helped again with another small but meaningful donation. Some of us have helped directly to the trappers in some way shape or form already, if not try to do so.
    Buy them a tank of gas, Cash, Tim cards, dinner ....... Any thing it all helps, spread the word.

I was looking around for the NPO CRA registration number for the BCUF, is it listed somewhere?