WHATS GOIN ON????? All you dorks still here?? lol

I haven't been here in a while, never have time. Had a few messages on other places asking me to chime in on some wolf talk here. Soooo....
I recall the first time I came on here years back was when I realised it was a great place to encourage people to hit wolves so I started a thread on it. That thread ( at the time) became the most hit thread in the history of the forum for a while real quick. Funny, in the first few posts on that thread I was attacked no stop from all angles including a few ego dented HBC member idiots, clubs and first nation band offices....but I held my ground, fought back and off the thread went in the positive direction it SHOULD have from the beginning.
SO, I'm back ! lol I'll start a new thread on wolves, share what I KNOW below, what I could 'possibly' do and as well suggest what YOU can do.

The good thing about licensed trappers is they can go get them (wolves) without relying on a 'vote' or a green light from the gov. Wich means zero politics, opposition in anyway whether it a club or ministry, THEY CANT STOP US right 'now' so you better get shit going right now.

So, does trapping wolves work ?? YES.

Handful of years back I realised NO ONE was targeting wolves where I lived ( Pemberton) and as well, there was nothing but wolf stories coming from basically 'everyone' locally so I got my license and went after them. I had permission on 3 trap lines as well 2 private properties.( SOMEONE had to do it).
Take note the local club had been counting spring mountain goats for somewhere around 20 years as well had electronic deer counters for nearly the same.
I used my experienced wolf trapping guide partners from up north as reference non stop as well past experience from going with them up north and added my own tricks the wolves taught me and applied all of it.
I killed a lot of them.
I think year 2 or 3 the local club had the "highest kid count in the history of counting them" as well the same results with the deer count, "highest spring number return".
Some may argue it wasn't trapping that cause this, I KNOW it was.

I QUIT

Why? because after $10k ( YES, at least $10k. sled, course, fuel, gear, NOT including time) of my own money, hundreds of hours of my time, numerous attacks from local IDIOTS ( including local club members) and the fact where I was doing it I never hunted anyway, I finally shook my head with "WTF, SCREW EM, enjoy your pooches C-YA"
And you know what else, I never even received a frickin 6 pack of beer from people who hunted there - ZERO.
I did however get permission to kill wolves near some big horn sheep in other areas and as well was called on from some ranchers in reg 3 to clean up wolves so I happily travelled to those places and made a difference.

NOW WHAT

Well, locally ( Squamish to Goldbridge) predators are literally EVERYWHERE, ( as well the rest of the province). WHY? mild winters, easy access via man made roads, thats why- end of story.

WHAT CAN YOU DO?

#1, hunting them isn't going to do shit. I hunt basically full time, 45 days straight in reg two as just a small portion and have NEVER shot a wolf in reg 2. ( due to terrain) So, all you guys offering to go out and shoot them, that's great, enthusiasm is super but as far as 'that' fixing a 'problem', aint gonna happen. Not from the ground anyway.

FUND A TRAPPER

Wolf trapping takes time and money - period. Fur trappers do not specifically target wolves because it just doesn't pay the bills - period. Encourage and fund a wolf trapper and NO, not 'by the wolf'. You fund his time, gear, fuel, get him going after them NOW. It takes time to get good at it, time to figure out where they go, when and how to nail them if the trapper has not specifically been after them in the past. And, there is many of us who can throw down tips and tricks to get it done efficiently.

AM I GOING TO DO IT?

I might. I am in the position I could do it full time if I chose.
Currently the Squamish band wants me to do something, locals want me to hit it as well various private property owners.
Am I going to drop $1.00 of my money to do it? NOT A DIME. I did that, now its hunters turn to do it.
Believe me, there's a lot more fun things to do on this planet for the winter than go trapping wolves full time. Especially when you have to deal with the non stop attack the entire time by NON hunters AND hunters alike. BUT, it is out of control this is a fact. ( I've never really been one to really give a fck what anyone thinks - but.)
There was fresh wolf sign on EVERY trail I hunted this year and as well easily less than 50% of the deer there was say 5 years ago.( I run over 20 cameras over a 30 mile stretch non stop).

TRAPPING CAUSES MORE WOLVES

Prove it !!!

Here's the deal. Wolves kill wolves more than anything else. You wack a bunch of a pack, next time they bump into that rival pack, they done for.
Wolves are as well VERY intelligent. I hammered on a pack near a popular wintering zone, the survivors realised it wasn't a good place to hang out and they left. This doesn't last too long though so 4ish years later, wolves are back at it and going strong.

As an example of HOW you can make a difference. 'If or when' I make the decision to do this in Reg 2, I'll let all know via social media and set up an 'Ungulate Enhancement Fund' with a go fund me thing ( or whatever) and you can throw down that way. I'm still on the fence because it won't be a casual task, you either go ALL IN or nothing and ALL IN = a shit load of time of life and effort. But 'all in' gets it done.

There's another trapper up north. He WAS killing 40 and 50 plus a year. He QUIT !! WHY? because it was all coming out of his pocket , that's why.

Note,

When you DO KNOW first hand what eliminating predators does and you see ZERO interest or offered help from people who are avid ungulate hunters it makes you shake your head so much its stupid. REALLY??????? WTF??????
Every hunter reading this, ask your self how much $ you threw down in the past toward any kind of wolf control ?? OR if you even looked into it ??

So there ya go boys and girls. Collars, studies, votes, blah blah effing blah........ none needed, nothing new to learn.
You want to make a difference immediately ? Encourage a trapper and fund them - period.
It's simple easy math to justify it. XXXX is eating YY full time?? change it to X is eating YYY as fast as you can, cant describe it any more clear !

Anway, there ya go.

If I find some time, I might share a blacktail story or two on here later maybe,

LATER !!