Page 10 of 72 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Re: Lots Of Wolf Talk eh ?

Quote Originally Posted by proguide66 View Post
    I am certain that could be an additional thread and great idea. But to keep it straight forward and simple, I'd suggest we keep this focussed on the task at hand , 'skilled' persons who can hit it and make a difference with our ungulates across the province. This is needed badly and has a positive effect on EVERYTHING up the line right into seasons, tags, quality of hunting and recruiting new hunters.

Now you are making sense. Skilled, competent trappers are what is needed. Nothing more nor less.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Now you are making sense. Skilled, competent trappers are what is needed. Nothing more nor less.
    pm me your email I will send also send you a 100 emt to help fund your wolf trapping...if you want to shoot me a pic or two that would be a bonus..

I suggested this on another thread (that hbc is an organization that can do what it can to finance pred control, hunting PR etc..)
    all.i got was crickets.

seems everyone just wants to sit around and bitch. put up or shut up! DO SOMETHING... TIME IS NOW!!!!

we also have another thread "would you be ok with a tax.. ." most people said can't trust government blah blah blah.. well HERE this is your chance! YOU deciding where the funds go!

How can we find out who does the trapping and where?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinewood View Post
    How can we find out who does the trapping and where?
    If you Google bc traplines you can download a map of trap lines. just find the number as I havealresdy done . I will be calling bcta tmrw to see if I can get contact number

Lol I got to be stupid I cant find anything wtf lol
    Quote Originally Posted by brownmancheng View Post
    If you Google bc traplines you can download a map of trap lines. just find the number as I havealresdy done . I will be calling bcta tmrw to see if I can get contact number
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!

should be able to.find here

Traplines of British Columbia - Datasets - Data Catalogue

https://catalogue.data.gov.bc.ca › dataset

Good info proguide....I know a local trapper, have been planning on talking to him, will try to help him out/fund him..

One of the great things about an initiative like this is that there is no need to be "politically correct"

For various reasons government and organizations can be throttled by the requirement to appease the public and/or members.

A program like this is purely grassroots, and frankly, grassroots projects are often the ones that actually get things done. Long before government started poking their noses into every aspect of our lives, communities would get together to work on something for mutual benefit and just "git'r'dun"

This sort of grassroots thing still happens today, often in rural areas, but also in urban places, when people decide to just do something. Actually, it's interesting to see this happening more and more in urban areas where people have given up on gv't and do their own thing. Gv't freaks out because they have lost control, so then the people make lots of noise, and gv't capitulates. So it's not just rural people that lose faith in government and take things into their own hands.

Grassroots. Find a trapper that is willing to target wolves. Give him some money to make it worthwhile (because he sure as hell won't make any money on wolf pelts) and get it done. Don't wait for gv't or someone else to control predators, help yourself.

Can you imagine how much better off our ungulate population will be in 2,3,5 years if every year we funded trappers to get wolves? 5 years of funded trappers targeting wolves? It could be immense!

And how much money you would save if there were less wolves? Horse280 had a funny but accurate post #5. How much do you want to spend for few results on your hunting trip compared to a small investment in predator control?

Find that trapper that is willing to target wolves and send him a few dollars. Even small amounts, they all count.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

not to hijack off wolves but could the same principle be applied to houndsman as far as cats are concerned? I'm not sure on the legalities of it and I understand the bag limit part of it but our muley area this year was littered with cougar track and besides loving to be apart of a hound hunt I think a few cats in that area would be advantageous for deer recruitment.

Hi Guys Just got back from the line and wanted to tell you how the day went, and how much work it takes to trap wolves. Day started actually yesterday picking up 600+ pounds of bait getting sleds and all the gear ready for trip to the line. We left a 5 am from the lower mainland, stopped in Hope for fuel and quick snack ($195). We were on the line ,unloaded and ready to go by 8 am. First bait pile is a short 23 KM ride by snow mobile (real bad snow 3' of soft stuff). Because for the amount of new snow ,all 38 snares had to be reset (close to 3 1/2 hours)also added 12 more (1 !/2 hours)on some to the new trailed coming into the bait. While I was doing this, Cole my 12 year old son made 3 trips back to the truck for more bait and refuel ($27)for a total of 92 KM . Next Bait pile only another 12 KM down the trail, reset 27 snares and add 9 new (4 hours) . Cole made one extra trip for bait ( 70 KM round trip ). We were Back at the truck at 7.15 and home at 10.20 . Did I mention that there was 3' of new snow , all your movement take 3 or 4 times as much energy when the snow is deeper than your waist. Resetting all the snares and dragging 600+ pounds of bait to the bait site would = a 3 KM hike through snow that is somewhere between you waist and chest, Thought I was having a hart attack a couple times. And I still have a few hours tomorrow cleaning up the equipment. So I hope this shows you just how much work goes into trapping wolves. And in a few days we will hit the other bait piles