Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Well that didnt take long

Re: Well that didnt take long

The vocal minority has the ability to make significant changes. The process is based on persistence pressure and a message that is hard to dismiss. Look at Gay rights, Animal rights, legalization of Pot. The hunting community, has yet to lay down a message that is hard to dismiss. Resident hunters was a start but it has faded due to hunting season. Wildlife management based on science would be a great message that is hard to dismiss if persistent pressure was placed on our MLAs. Maybe a reminder that the next election there miss management won't be forgotten. The time of equal right for all Canadians would be a big social issue but our Government is still stuck in its past sins.

I agree with Sakohunter

It just needs to be well Packaged. Resedent hunters might need to hire a professional PR company. Mostly because my guess is most hunters are over employed and have more disposable income than time.

If the media starts seeing that these types of cases are getting full courtrooms they may start to pay more attention. If a judge sees a full room looking at him it may influence how he views it as well. If anyone lives there and is retired or otherwise available they should go. Not even to say anything but just simply to show that it is an important issue to the general public.

There is a part of me that wants to head down for the next session because it is the right thing to do. There is an equal part of me that thinks better of it because of the repercussions...
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Well lets all start a betting pool on how this is gonna play out. Three charges. Trespassing - a misdemeanor if convicted will get a fine at most, probably acquitted because they were still within their "traditional territory". Illegal position of wildlife - cant see that one sticking on the best day. The only one that might carry some weight is the firearms offenses, they'll likely get convicted on this one and receive a ban on possessing firearms which will get appealed to the supreme court of Canada where it will be overturned because a judge will say possessing firearms is their traditional right. And as previously stated all court costs will be at the taxpayers expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Well lets all start a betting pool on how this is gonna play out. Three charges. Trespassing - a misdemeanor if convicted will get a fine at most, probably acquitted because they were still within their "traditional territory". Illegal position of wildlife - cant see that one sticking on the best day. The only one that might carry some weight is the firearms offenses, they'll likely get convicted on this one and receive a ban on possessing firearms which will get appealed to the supreme court of Canada where it will be overturned because a judge will say possessing firearms is their traditional right. And as previously stated all court costs will be at the taxpayers expense.
    Or maybe the judge will hang them, they've done that in the past for far less.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdoggdon View Post
    Yes , Yes + Yes and our dear Justin will be there the steps of the Supreme Court to greet them with a large 7 figure cheque for all 3 of the poor innocent FN's .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

Cool Re: Well that didnt take long

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Or maybe the judge will hang them, they've done that in the past for far less.
    Can I be the first on the ride that takes me back to that place & time?

Wondering...
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me