Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Well that didnt take long

Well that didnt take long

ONA at court in solidarityColin Dacre - Jan 3, 2018 / 5:19 pm | Story: 215336
    Photo: Okanagan Nation Alliance
    ONA Sylix leaders showing support for three PIB members facing poaching charges at the Penticton courthouse

Three Penticton Indian Band members had full support from the Okanagan Nation Alliance Wednesday as they made their first court appearance on poaching charges.
    Fred, Felix, and Cole Kruger have been charged with three counts for a Jan. 29, 2017 incident where two elk were allegedly harvested on private land. The alleged incident provoked an outcry from the landowners and ensuing media attention.
    Fred Kruger was recently elected to PIB council.
    In photos posted by the ONA to Facebook, PIB Chief Chad Eneas, Grand Chief Stewart Phillip, LSIB Chief Keith Crow and other Sylix leaders were seen at the Penticton courthouse in a showing of solidarity for the three accused men.
    According to online records, the trio will be back in court on Jan. 31 to consult legal counsel.
    Castanet News reached Fred Kruger at home Wednesday evening, asking if the defendants and ONA would use the situation to make a larger point about First Nation hunting rights.
    Kruger declined to comment, but said they would be releasing a statement with the ONA in the coming weeks.
    A PIB spokesperson directed questions to the ONA, which could not be reached for comment. Grand Chief Stewart Phillip also did not return requests for comment.
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Well that didnt take long

Hmmm wasn't this the same court where the gentleman who alledgadly smuggled in the handguns?
    Hmmm at least consistent. .
    Hope they get competent legal assistance. .in their fight to be keepers of the land..on private property..
    Steven

No condemnation from the community? I'm shocked! Just like I'm shocked that feminists don't condemn false rape accusers and Muslims don't condemn terrorists.
    Last edited by Surrey Boy; 01-04-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: Essentially, I'm not shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm wasn't this the same court where the gentleman who alledgadly smuggled in the handguns?
    Hmmm at least consistent. .
    Hope they get competent legal assistance. .in their fight to be keepers of the land..on private property..
    Steven
    Yes Steve same court , sure this is just what the FN's and Grand Chief want . It will end up in the Supreme Court of Canada and our tax $$ will foot the bill .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......

And guess what.....one of the new judges in Penticton is an NDP appointy.

My money is on there will be little or no ramifications for shooting elk on private land, that was clearly posted, out of season, close to the owner's house.

These 'stakeholders' will be partners in any wildlife funding/management model in the future.
    I know nothing happens without them but I have grave concerns being in business with a partner that will be given even more control over a resource that is already being abused. Oh, and with no accountability.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Thumbs down Re: Well that didnt take long

This does not bode well.
    Public support for a most shameful act?
    Dazed & Confused comes to mind.
    That, or simply so self focused as to have lost complete touch with reality perhaps.

Wonder what implications this farce of a trial will have on the Orchard Muley Poacher...

Ticked,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

....and one of the accused is a Council Member.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

It seems that Private landowners should be standing together as well on this issue. Justice is supposed to be impartial, but we know that in BC it is not.

So why is there not a larger group of people standing there supporting the prosecution of these guys.
    Says next court date is the 31st must be a club or organization in the area that can get enough people to show.
    Time to show that people want every one to be treated the same. There getting the support from there people.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    So why is there not a larger group of people standing there supporting the prosecution of these guys.
    Says next court date is the 31st must be a club or organization in the area that can get enough people to show.
    Time to show that people want every one to be treated the same. There getting the support from there people.
    That would be a racist act.

On the flip side.....
    The same area had an FN roadblock set up on the road to the local ski resort protesting an expansion there, Apex.
    Firearms were present.....some were pointed at people trying to access their properties driving thru the reservation ....being denied access.

RCMP only monitored and observed.....no charges.

In protest, some non FN folks set up a road block on the only access into town from the reservation.
    Guess what?
    RCMP had that "protest" dismantled as fast as it went up as it was deemed illegal and politically insensitive.

Anyone that protests against justice not being enforced with regards to FNs....well, .......