Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scope for Mountain Rifle

Scope for Mountain Rifle

I just purchased a Kimber Subalpine in .308 and am looking for some suggestions on lightweight scope options. I have a few in mind but want to here from the masses on any tried and true scopes. Keep in mind that weight is the bigger concern for me not zoom but something variable to 7 or 8 power would be nice. Thanks for the input.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Scope for Mountain Rifle

I'm thinking of building a lightweight setup with the exact rifle. I think a Leupold vx3 3-9x40 will be perfect on it.

Leupold VX3, 2.5-8, light, compact and reliable glass
    “Be more concerned with your character than with your reputation. Your character is what you really are while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”

Quote Originally Posted by gmachine19 View Post
    I'm thinking of building a lightweight setup with the exact rifle. I think a Leupold vx3 3-9x40 will be perfect on it.
    Order now. Kimber has a min 17 week backorder on this gun...

If you looking for lightweight and quality take a looks at the Swarovski z3 3-9x36 I just built a mountain rifle off a tikka platform and put a swaro z3 3-10x42 on it. At 12.7 oz I believe it is the lightest scope in its class. Hunted with it all last season and absolutely loved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    That's what I've been leaning towards

I've got an extra Leupold VX-II 3-9x33 ultralight kicking around, would be open to some trades of similar value..

Quote Originally Posted by Blainer View Post
    Great scope for the application
    WSSBC Life Member
    WSSBC Monarch Member
    CCFR Member

I have a VX3 2.5-8 x 36 on my mountain rifle and am very happy with the set up. As Blainer said,light, compact and reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Citori54 View Post
    I have a VX3 2.5-8 x 36 on my mountain rifle and am very happy with the set up. As Blainer said,light, compact and reliable.
    Yes great scope tough as nails , light ,compact and great optics cant go wrong with that .
    "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC
    ..... The NDP approach: if the facts don't fit your ideology, just pretend the facts don't exist.......