Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracks on an ATV??

Re: Tracks on an ATV??

Mine are 2007 I think. Adapters for a kawasaki650 fixed axle

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    Here is what some of those snow beast can do. Please excuse the profanity in the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRvu1Y6hdDk
    A guy I know just went on the new years run with the kelowna snow wheelers. Check out big_skop on hipstergram. 70's ford with an LSX454 and 46" claws.
    Its a baaaaadass truck. He wheels the piss out of it on 43" sticky sx's too. When the guy with the 454 has the small motor...Their fuel bills for one run could pay for me to wheel a 22re powered truck for a year!

David- I dunno if you can still get them, independent suspension has come a long ways since back then, top racers run IFS now, even in the rocks, I've been watching a 14bolt IFS build... I imagine someone will eventually build an axletech centered IFS or something like that. Rockwells wouldn't work with the center chunk...
    Last edited by Squamch; 01-04-2018 at 09:29 PM.
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

Try turning a sled around on a single track trail. Getting stuck on a sled is no fun aND for hunting the quad can go in reverse and get unstuck real quick. Steep hills on crappy snow are tough for a quad but we're talking hunting not hi marking for fun. I use a tracked quad in September to get to a hole that the tired quads just can't go. I have hunted off sleds and tracked quads. Tracked quad for hunting is a great tool for my style of hunting. Sleds are for fun and if you have never gone sledding before they are not fun when you get stuck and you will get stuck.
    A tracked quad can be driven by any one and getting out of trouble in deep snow by yourself is easy.
    If you do buy tracks make sure you have a 700 plus size quad.
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by Buckmeister View Post
    The asked the fellow I deal with to get my quad insured about tracks and he went and did his homework. My policy papers asks "Wheels" or "Tracks", but no spot for both. I explained I used both and wanted to know if I was covered. He got back to me a month later. He said to put down "wheels" as that is what is on the machine for the majority of the use, but he said I was good to go if tracks were on the machine. It is the open skies policy. Slinky, PM me if you want to know the office I deal with.
    My issue is that I'm running tracks on a vehicle that is normally insured for street use. ICBC is quite specific that if tracks are added to a road vehicle then their insurance is void. I've looked into this pretty extensively. I just want to find some liability insurance that will cover me.
    If an animal is going to die so that I might live, the least I can do is perform the unsavoury deed myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Slinky Pickle View Post
    My issue is that I'm running tracks on a vehicle that is normally insured for street use. ICBC is quite specific that if tracks are added to a road vehicle then their insurance is void. I've looked into this pretty extensively. I just want to find some liability insurance that will cover me.
    I misunderstood, I thought you were talking about your SXS. From what I understand about why they won't insure a tracked vehicle is that there is little to no history for them to examine data about the risks involved of offering insurance.
    caddisguy "I worry about predators wanting to eat me or bucks trying to take my manhood. "How was your hunting trip honey" ... "wahh I don't want to talk about it... sob ""

I think i'm gonna to get some this winter. Built a poor mans cab with heat for the sxs.
    Looking forward to sipping a cool beer in my tshirt heading to my cabin!

I had one bad experience with a tracked sxs breaking down 15kms from our vehicle.
    I now have a skidoo tundra. Much better suited for my needs.

I am an avid sledder as well so knowing how to ride helps slot.
    Last edited by rageous; 11-15-2018 at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rageous View Post
    I had one bad experience with a tracked sxs breaking down 15kms from our vehicle.
    I now have a skidoo tundra. Much better suited for my needs.

I am an avid sledder as well so knowing how to ride helps slot.
    What broke on the sxs rageous? I used to have a tundra years ago

Blew the drive belt. Wasn’t my machine, I would have expected them to have a spare! Had to phone friends with sleds to come deliver new belts. We were in 2’ of fresh snow. Stranded for about 6 hours

My tundra is an 2007.

I have a 8 wheel argo and leave the tracks on all the time as only snow or swamp . I hate snow mobiles way to old to get stuck every where unless pinned