Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: cougar outfitters in BC

cougar outfitters in BC

Are there any deals for resident hunters out there? anyone know of any outfits that offer cheaper prices to residents, or does it still come out of their allocations? I have no idea how it works.

Thanks

2. Site Sponsor

guest Guest

Re: cougar outfitters in BC

P m sent you way ...... Watch out for a dude named Babe or some thing like that though.

Last we heard Babe was in hot water over something .......

thanks CT....

Cougars aren't Category A allocated species.
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

cool good to know, so it would probably be the same price then for residents I guess. Thanks FD

Hmmm best cougar guide outfitter is Chilcotin Hillbilly..he guides in the same valley the world record cat was harvested.he has great dogs.super knowledgable..just a great guy..Skinner Creek Outfitters. .Tatlyoko" west of Tata lake.
    I can recomend Doug..100%..

Err..only issue I found was at dinners..can't tell the dinner buns from the desert buns...lol if in doubt..don't add butter and scarf down...ha ha ha..

Cheers
    Steven

Haven't found any deals myself, but I have only asked a couple outfitters. Hoping to befriend someone with hounds one of these days.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

definitely on my bucket list to see these hounds in action..be watching this thread closely

haven't found any resident deals in BC myself either but have seen a handful of great deals get sold on the FB Alberta groups (one was 3500cad just before Christmas but only for AB residents)....so for now I keep buying my tag and hope I get shit lucky while hiking or fishing lol

maybe stay on top of the fb groups if you are looking for a deal, they go quick
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster

I've always liked Chilcotin Hillbilly as far as his HBC personality goes. He handles himself with class even when the mud is flying in his direction for being an outfitter.

If I was going to do a cougar hunt I would definitely reach out to him.

Whether or not there should be a discount for resident hunters is a tough one. As a resident, I can hunt cougars on my own, I just won't probably kill one. For increasing the odds by using a qualified guide and trained dogs, I feel like I should pay a pretty close approximation of the price that a German or Yank would pay, less some premium for the fact that I can buy my own tag.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?