Thread: rules and regulations, newbie, Can I keep this or that?

rules and regulations, newbie, Can I keep this or that?

Hi, I am a complete newbie at all things hunting/roadkill/wild life rules and regulations... etc., so I hope I don't sound too dumb :P

I have tried to look up rules and regulations for BC, but I am having a hard time finding info and what I do find is somewhat confusing.
    What I
    ultimately want, is to be able to collect and sell animal parts, skeletons, furs, antlers and so on.
    For
    example, I found a Coyote skeleton on a hike, can I keep it? Do I need to get a license for that kind of stuff?

If anyone can answer my questions, thank you!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: rules and regulations, newbie, Can I keep this or that?

I would suggest by reading the BC Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis. Lots of info on there.

Pay particular attention to the "It's unlawful" section.

Not a bad idea to take your CORE course too if you're interested....

The basics of it is unless you have a hunting license and kill the animal the province owns it. So said coyote skeleton is owned by the province. If you took it home, I doubt anyone would say anything. But as you want to sell it, the govt. will want their share. So you would need a permit to keep the skeleton ($75) I believe.

If if hunters give you the parts then I would get their names and Hunter numbers so you have a record, the same thing a taxidermist or butcher shop does. You have to be able to cover your butt if the authorities come a knocking.

bhb
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

I would suggest you phone the BC Fish and Wildlife department and ask them specifically what you have asked here...
    . . . . .If I don't respond to your postings, maybe it is because you are on my "IGNORE" list
    . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't see the garbage you write. It's a wonderful tool