Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any fans of Randy Newberg?

Re: Any fans of Randy Newberg?

I like his stuff mostly because he's not afraid to show failures and is a minimalist. Gives good tips as well.

Would be interesting to hear you run the interview as if you were a proactive gov't employee that felt there maybe a better way to manage our wildlife.
    By the time you were done the interview, it'd be great to have created something that you could pass on the the BC ministry of forests/Lands/Natural resources that would be informative.
    There'd be US examples of success and failures that the ministry could review and use for ideas North of the 49th. If the interview was wrapped out without demonizing the gov't and their debatable mismanagement of wildlife that'd be a win.

Reality is that you are our voice and you have a terrific guest coming onto your podcast that could provide some excellent perspective on the issues were facing in BC.

I've got you on stitcher now and I'll be listening to the cast when it's uploaded.

Thank you!

This was my first hunting season and because I watched a lot of Randy Newberg's shows, youtube channel, podcasts, elk talk live Q&A's, I was able to ramp up pretty quickly.
    I basically copied a lot of his gear suggestions and hunting style. The DIY public land approach is what I like about him.
    The result has been 2 backcountry Blacktail deer backpacked out using the gutless method.
    I still had to make a lot of mistakes in the field and spend a lot of days out there to get the feel for it but without Randy's content, I'd have struggled a lot more.
    Looking forward to hear the podcast.

He's a great resource for "how to" type of info as well as entertaining.

John
    https://highlanderhunting.wordpress.com/

Well we did it. Chatted with Mr. Newberg for almost 2 hours. He's a great guy.
    He grew up very close to the border in Minnesota, grew up watching CBC, poor guy!

Thanks for the suggestions, think we covered most.

We will do two episodes out of it, based on how long it went. So first one will be mostly gear and hunting, the second will be policy, politics, social media, BHA and that kind of thing.

Thanks again to those who gave their input.
    John
    https://highlanderhunting.wordpress....des-and-notes/

I have watched quite a few of his videos. Great stuff. Glad you had the chance to interview him.

Like the other comments on here I appreciate his videos.
    Seems like a pretty straight forward guy

Just listened to the podcast, great job guys! Two of my favorite podcasts were combined in one.

Great job on the podcast, I'm a fan of his.....