Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any fans of Randy Newberg?

Any fans of Randy Newberg?

If you could ask Randy Newberg a question, what would it be?
    We'll be having a chat with him this week and are looking for topic suggestions.

Cheers.
    John
    https://highlanderhunting.wordpress.com/

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any fans of Randy Newberg?

Who's Randy Newberg? Is he the guy that sings the song Little People?
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

He's a great advocate for hunting.

General conservation and improving our relationship with the non-hunting community would be a couple options.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

I like his videos because I don't see any BS. He isn't afraid to show unsuccessful hunts. He isn't afraid to show he hunts around other people and he clearly doesn't lie about his public land hunting as he's never shot one of those obvious high fence elk or mule deer.

He also has some very educational material too. His gutless method video is probably the best one out there. I must have watched that one like 6-7 times.

His Alaska sitka blacktail hunt in the alpine was also an excellent video.

Ask him what his opinion the elk seminar/courses are. He took Cory Jacobsen Elk 101, and possibly Mike Roes course.

Randy is for the most part no BS which is nice/refreshing to watch. Great show, lots of good info. Get it done, or not, in 5 days. All public land and no outfitters. And sometimes............a Howa Handshake!

What are his nuts and bolts suggestions for getting government to pay attention to hunter/conservationist concerns? Or, to put it more bluntly, is there a way to make hunting/conservation something that politicians fear screwing with?

He's got long history of involvement with politicians and special interest groups on the other side. Any tips he can offer will allow us to model success.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

He is a lot involved with backing up hunters and fighting for the rights of public land. He attends to all the bills that are trying to take away public land fighting. A very knowledgeable man. Maybe he can give us insight on how we can start a process on getting grizzly hunting back

I really like him, and appreciate that he puts a lot of free content on his YouTube channel for people to learn from. I love his "how-to" videos. He also does a lot for conservation in the US.

Not sure what I would ask him though, as he has proactively put out a lot of great stuff. His podcasts are good too, but are a little long sometimes. Maybe tell him to get OnX Maps to invest in Canada?

Yeah, I agree with above, he seems like a straight shooter, no BS and isnt all ego. How about when hitting a new area for Elk what is the best way for initially trying to locate them, this being in pressured areas as well as it seems like we have more of these areas than not. Im sure if I looked he has answered this before....
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost