Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What do ya shoot?

Smile Re: What do ya shoot?

I got a couple of Checkmates MY flat bow is 58# , and My recurve (Black Magic) is 55#. The recuve will be my new huinting bow. Very fast and accurate . I want to try and get a bear this spring .
    If it doesn't have a heart beat ,then it Aint luch

Re: What do ya shoot?

I am rediscovering Archery and started back in with my sisters Hoyt-Mate. I have since picked up a used Mathews FeatherMax detuned to 56lbs(for my bad shoulders) and a draw length of 30 inches. CJDN sight,Wiskerbisket rest,Limbsavers,some kind of stabilizer and a Trufire Release. It has been some fun getting back into it and I am looking forward to the 3D Trailwalks. Fred
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati

My brother gave me his 65lb recurve last year so i am trying to get used to the idea of hunting with a bow . He did target shooting mainly , I am still learning and will be for a while i guess. i hope to be able to use it effectivly by next season.

Browning Midas Hunter

High Country carbon force 65# at 31 1/2 draw length. Shooting carbon force 300's with a 75 grain muzzy tip. Taken 1 deer, passed on a few bear last year due to range Love the bow because it is 100 % carbon- nice and light. shooting about 289 fps. Use the same bow for hunting , 3D, and started shooting at targets this year as well. Mike
    "You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don't try" Beverly Sills

Right now I shoot 8mm. But also have a 12gauge and a couple 22's for the grouse. will be picking up either a 7mm, 270 or maybe 30-06. I haven't decided yet

Minx

Well, I figure pics are nice too, so here we go,

This is my baby, been shooting it since 98, taken several bears, mulies, and whitetails, and hopefully a sheep after this year.

Kirby
    Last edited by Kirby; 01-25-2005 at 12:45 AM.
    Huuked on foniks wurked fur me

Quote Originally Posted by StoneChaser
    Biggest problem with a debate on ethics is the simple fact that ethics are like underwear...everybody has 'em, but some are a little shittier than others

Here's a picture of my outfit - Hoyt Razortec, Trap Door rest, Simms stabilizer, Trophy Ridge sight, Easton 2213 arrows c/w Muzzy 100 gr broadheads. I do like this combination and it got me a complete pass through on this past season's buck. Oh ya, I have one of them Mathews ones as well, that I can use if I ever get desperate - like if my Hoyt wants to stay in bed and sleep in one morning or something.

Late getting on this one, PSE XLR 70lb, carbon arrows, 125 muzzys, I still shoot fingers.
    Todd

Primary bow - 21st Century Constellation 54, and 62 pounds, XX78 2016 Superslams,and Magnus Journeyman heads. Taken one bear and a deer

Favourite bow- Earl Hoyt heritage series 69" 55#. Took my first deer with this bow, is my absoulute favourite, just because it is an Earl design.

also have a couple self bows and a Shakespere Wamba recurve 45#

Wish list- Paul Schafer silvertip, Sky Trophy longbow, One of those Bear Polar longbows with the aluminum lamination, maybe another 21st Century, and anything else that strikes my fancy