Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2017 moose hunt

Re: 2017 moose hunt

Well done Steve! Awesome to see you out there helping others out!!
    Tell it how it is!!!

Congratulations all around. Super kudos to you for your assistance with these guys. No doubt, they hold you in high regard!

It truly was a wonderful experience being with 3 guys that love hunting. And being in the outdoors..moose hunting during the rut is the easiest hunt around..these guys spent the $$$ to get up here. .and home..they trusted Manny..and Loui..I'm sure they would have been successful with me staying at home and just mentioning how..why..and roughly where..
    Hmm having done this for over 30 years I wasn't guessing..was it a guarantee..no such thing but I was completely confident in the location and the plan..same with the other 20 hunters who asked and went themselves and we're successful without me..the posted story of the Spoken lake moose x2..posted last fall..an example of knowing the area..and what truly works..for the guys that flew into remote lakes..i always stew..hoping that the moose read the script. .but the guy who took his Dad on a fly in moose hunt..that's $$$$ serious $$$$ but got 1 great bull..day 2 and a huge..Huge BOONER bull also..
    Guys here have helped me far more than I have been able to try to help..BC rams..Brent..proguide". .Sitkaspruce. .Leaseman..dead dog. .Chilcotin Hillbilly. .Scott..Jackpine..Matt Stabler...RJ..Kevin Willis..Andrew..Butcher..and the list is far more extensive..
    I remember taking Big boar 14..Dave and his brother on a grizzly hunt in Kwatna..truly wonderful experience...who knew both the Grizzly hunting and Dave would be both soon gone.li never miss any opportunity to help..Terence..Curly top..ydouask. Hank..Big Lew..KURT..Phil..Andy..
    I often got phone calls from guys who had never shot, nor harvested a grizzly..i asked how much they knew....nothing was the answer a lot of times..after 30 plus years hunting chasing them I realized I knew more than nothing..so I volinteer what I know.
    Calling moose ain't difficult..but having someone there that has fooled literally hundreds of moose helps fine tune the process..same as use of tampons and Buck Expert cow urine...
    Confidence is also a great teacher..being successful imparts Confidence
    However doing something for decades does not guarantee success..i have hunted rocky Mountain bighorn at Spenses Bridge for 17 years..found shooters during the annual"l count..a couple times during the GOS., but never got a ram..a couple in retrospect. .should have pulled the trigger..have had 3 dall LEH tags..passed up rams but found them..have had I'm put into 9 dall sheep hunters success..and when situations change I feel tremendously sad , Personaly upset when the plan fails..and grizzly hunt in late season the tat..and d weather is always an issue but did not expect nor experience the vast amount of hunters nor the impact of these numbers.
    Hmmmm I am nothing special...just keep trying....
    Some say I am very trying...lol
    I hope to have the Moose Mafia as friends for life..

Steven
    Last edited by srupp; 01-01-2018 at 11:14 PM.

awesome story thanks srupp

Great bulls and story!

Just checking in with HBC ,have not been on in awhile. Steven that was a great story and so good of you to help those guy's out !
    Arctic Lake

Hoping that when the moose mafia get back from Mexico they could add a few points....as for me great guys..exellent trip..lol just too short but you pull the trigger when a bull shows up..no high grading on a meat hunt.
    Welcome back.
    Steven

The members of Moose Mafia are now home..hope one or more adds to their story. .
    Cheers
    Steven

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    The members of Moose Mafia are now home..hope one or more adds to their story. .
    Cheers
    Steven
    Nice to see you posting again moose whisperer. Hope all is WELL!

Awesome bulls Steve thanks for the story!