Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 2017 moose hunt

Re: 2017 moose hunt

Steve- you're awesome. Nice work.
    Rob Chipman
    "The idea of wilderness needs no defense, it only needs defenders" - Ed Abbey
    "Grown men do not need leaders" - also Ed Abbey

Steve,
    Your Karma is the size of a mountain, selfless guys like yourself are doing so much to keep the hunting traditions alive.

I am going to thank you!!!! Again for all the hunters the you have helped over the years!!!! Your a true role model for the modern hunter!!!

MTW

correction......it was 213 yard shot and with little of his chest showing, I made the perfect shot.

Hmmm i stand corrected...lol

Steven

Great story Steven!! Thanks for sharing.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

wow,.....well written Steve. I felt the goose bumps all over again. I would like to start by thanking Steve and Susan for their hospitality and warm welcome to there home. I met Steve through this site referred to by my cousin. I had drawn a grizzly tag and Steve was most generous enough to had help me harvest my bear, but I'll tell that tale another day.
    When I found out that I was successful in my moose draw i had called Steve up, I gotta say he did not sound pleased. It wasn't long into our conversation that i realized that this guy has been putting in for the same area and hasn't been pulled for some time. Steve recommended this area to me and I was successful on the first attempt.....just luck I guess! Nevertheless, we were happy to have Steve join the Italian moose mafia and what an unbelievable time and experience I had. I can't be more grateful enough to have had harvested my first moose, but to also have had the pleasure to watch Steve masterly call in the moose not once but twice and teach us the art to having a successful hunt. I'm honored to call him my friend and hunting companion, there's not to many guys out there that would ever share the knowledge from countless years of hunting to just anyone but, the legend of Steve carries on. The story of this hunt could not have been told any better and as accurate, thank you buddy for a tremendous experience. moose mafia for life!

Sincerely,
    Manny

Thanks Manny..it was privilege and my honor to join 4 wonderful gentlemen and do my part to help 2 friends get their very first bull moose.you guys did perfectly. ..2 great bulls in 3 days..perfect.
    Cheers Bro.
    Steven

The best part of this hunt besides the amazing gentlemen was the confidence that even though 2 guys had never harvested a moose..i am confident any one of these guys could now go out and successful set up a good camp, know what to bring and why, how to call..where when..how and why and have a pretty significant opportunity to harvest another moose.
    That is the highlight of this successful hunt.
    Srupp

Steve, your stories are always great. Sounds to me like many people have had the honor of having you as a friend and hunting partner. If I ever feel that I need a little extra guidance I know who to call. lol You sound like an awesome guy to have in any hunting camp!