Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: This is going too far....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: This is going too far....

It's been too far for thirty years.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

This is crazy. I'm all for reconcilation and all that.... But everybody needs to be on the same side for conservation to work

What a crock of horseshit. When will this end?
    If you can pack it in, You can pack it out !!!

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL !!!

BCWF
    WSSBC
    CCFR
    " The secret of change is to focus all your energy, not on fighting the old, but building on the new"
    Socrates.

when will they start their land claims, is there a judge ready to hand over ?

So much potential for more bad case law here.

There needs to be one law for all! Also, there should be more talk about the SPECIFIC FN groups that are doing a great job for wild life. I think we should be shoring Those guys up and partnering with them at every opportunity.

That way we can collectively deal with the use groups and organizations that waste, misuse or threaten wildlife.

With that said: Its 2018 almost. We're all Canadians and share equal title to and resposabilaty for this land.
    This ill informed feel good trend off giving everything back to the descendants of original First Nations people is just virtue signalling and is bad news for wild life and future generations of hunters FN or not.

If X tribe wants to Hunt in BC outside of hunting seasons and limits Fine. But first that band needs to prove a management stragy consistent with that of other land managers in that area. Then prove that though their conservation efforts on the land that they have enabled a harvestable surplus in exess of what they intend to kill.
    Call it an: Earned exemption for land stewards.

Sick of this entitlement crap.

Canada's policy should be:
    Prove you can take care of what you have now and you get more to manage!

Quote Originally Posted by WWBC View Post
    This ill informed feel good trend off giving everything back to the descendants of original First Nations people is just virtue signalling and is bad news for wild life and future generations of hunters FN or not.
    Who is doing the virtue signalling in this case??

Morning Jasmine,

My argument is that we should have more of a meritocracy here in Canada when in comes to land use rights. And that we should shore up those that do a good job.

To your point- Yes my comments are virtue signaling to a point. I have a practical and conservative option on this topic and I've expressed that. The difference is I have not nothing to gain financially or policaly on this forum.
    Governments are elected and gain by presenting a popular image or option. I do not in a meaningful way.

That said:
    How do you disagree with my opinion? I've been wrong before and often am so tell what I've failed to consider on this topic.

All ears

I wonder if it works both ways. Would be interesting to find out.

With our modern road systems that would be a 24+ hour pack out, where can I read the stories about his ancestors that traditionally did that without horses, frame packs, rifles or modern roads