Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Crossbow in my future.

Re: Crossbow in my future.

that’s damn impressive accuracy.

100 yards?

I did some shopping around and shot a number of crossbows before I purchased mine.

Excalibur for me.

Accurate, durable, dependable and easy to maintain. Can change the string myself in the field if necessary. Never had to do it. Easy to uncock without having to fire.

I've had it for years with no issues.

Two measily pennies...

So if I were to buy a Excalibur, this is the one I think I would like. Excalibur Matrix 380 Crossbow Package, Realtree Xtra, 260-Pound

Here's the clanger from Amazon.ca: CDN$ 2,743.74 by Northern Shipments
    On Amazon.com: Listed at US $1099 on sale $899
    And this is a Canadian Manufactured product?
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"

Amazon has a few ridiculously priced things on it by third party sellers. Go to Cabelas.ca to get more accurate Canadian pricing.

I shopped around when I got mine, I ended up buying from Gary at chwk dart & tackle.
    I think it was about a grand all in.
    10-ish yrs ago.

guest Guest

Jäger,
    I too did a wack of research before lining one up ....... Horton ..... Forget it no parts ...... Ten point ...... Nope.

Excaliber all the way, recurve, no pulleys, best warranty, accessories and part availability going by far.

The only choice and a simple one in my opinion. ExCal ! All the way.

Cool Re: Crossbow in my future.

Quote Originally Posted by stan View Post
    100 yards?
    The rag bag target was shot at 100 yards.
    The broadhead was at 80 yards.
    Both off the bench.

These bows are inherently Accurate!
    Mine however has a bit of an advantage in that it has been pretty well tricked out with accessories to further enhance accuracy, and I only shoot custom, hand built arrows designed explicitly for long distance shooting. Worth every penny to me...

Jagermeister: The bow you note is the bow I run with. I can strongly suggest you will be impressed.
    As others have noted, Amazon's prices are often wacked right out.
    Cabela's and others will have more realistic pricing.
    Don't write off Canada Tire either - that's where I ordered mine into, and I got it at a very reasonable price.

Final suggestion here: Before making the leap, try to physically handle as many different models / types as you can. If that involves shooting, all the better. One will most likely just seem to "fit" better than the others. That said, you cannot go wrong with the Matrix 380 IMO.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I shopped around and found the best deal on my Excalibur 350 SE at Al Flaherty's in Ontario.

Don't have any experience with crossbows before buying my 350 SE, did a ton of research, read about a 1000 reviews, asked a lot of questions on crossbow forums and tried a few different ones at WSS, Cabelas and other stores before going with an Excalibur.

Two reasons
    - simplicity of the whole set up
    - Canadian support and warranty

Happy with my purchase and finally killed an animal with it this year!!

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Still have my 9 year old Excal Equinox. Have tagged out every year with it. I bought an entry level wheel bow first and it exploded(literally) when I cocked it to shoot a mulie. Never again.
    Hank