Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Step son wants to hunt grizzly still

Re: Step son wants to hunt grizzly still

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    You don't look like a Status Indian, are you sure that you know who your dad is?
    I don't look like a woman either, but I identify as one when I need a toilet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

I guess the idea of hunters "standing together" is already lost on some.

Sure, you have a screwed up government that made a ludicrous decision to take away the licenced Grizzly hunt,
    so now you want Indians to lose this right too.

That sure makes sense....

guest Guest

Certainly go help him if you can legally, ask him to donate the sausage and hams to Raincoast....... The Hide and head to a licensed BC Resident Hunter..... Get media involved too...... Mighty kind of him. While doing it have him explain to the uninformed that the GBear and Wolves are decimating the ungulate population...... Make it a crusade for all future wildlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Walking Buffalo View Post
    I guess the idea of hunters "standing together" is already lost on some.

Sure, you have a screwed up government that made a ludicrous decision to take away the licenced Grizzly hunt,
    so now you want Indians to lose this right too.

That sure makes sense....
    No want them to come together with every one else so everybody is equal so Hunters can stand together.
    Why should one group lose there rights and not the other.

Quote Originally Posted by LBM View Post
    No want them to come together with every one else so everybody is equal so Hunters can stand together.
    Why should one group lose there rights and not the other.

I know that neither group should lose these Rights.

So how is advocating for Native Grizzly bear hunting rights to be taken away going to help the cause?
    Is this not a anti-hunting direction?

As long as Native Grizzly hunting exists, there is a greater chance for licenced Grizzly hunting to be resumed.

Licenced Hunters would do better by Supporting the Native Grizzly hunt than to lobby for it to end....

Govt overreaching is supported when we squabble amongst ourselves. They love it when natives and non-native argue rather than holding the govt responsible.

Hmmm don't see any natives ever pulling nets when runs are low or impacting steelhead. .
    Nor limiting hunting numbers of moose for sale. .or vulnerable cow moose.
    Am not expecting anything positive from them..so far have never been surprised.
    Shoot up everything 24..7..365 nite and day..no such thing as conservation tremendous waste of salmon..moose.,
    Refuse to divulge numbers..sex of moose shot to help get a track on harvest..
    First to bitch..last to help

I would lobby for it to end..grizzly hunts for natives. .one rule..one law..lots of backroom coastal movement to capitalize on this decision..more than you would think this soon....Hmmm maybe steering the agenda?
    Certainly not one word supporting those that have financed grizzlies studies..management.

Hmm it is always we want more...to shoot at nite, no reporting, etc. Etc.etc.
    One example of natives coming to the help of resident hunters not native..sure worked well for the ex cop required to go to court after beeing shut out of his LEH moose zone..
    Show me MUTUAL cooperation..still looking.
    Steven

I would be pushing him to write his core, then teach him where to buy tags and leh. One rule for all imo. But that’s just me.

I would take your son at the drop of a hat taking a grizzly out is controlling the population ,,good luck and please post pictures latter..
    Hunting Elk Is All About Finding Them ,If You Can't Find Them Keep Trying ..

Quote Originally Posted by srupp View Post
    Hmmm don't see any natives ever pulling nets when runs are low or impacting steelhead. .
    Nor limiting hunting numbers of moose for sale. .or vulnerable cow moose.
    Am not expecting anything positive from them..so far have never been surprised.
    Shoot up everything 24..7..365 nite and day..no such thing as conservation tremendous waste of salmon..moose.,
    Refuse to divulge numbers..sex of moose shot to help get a track on harvest..
    First to bitch..last to help

I would lobby for it to end..grizzly hunts for natives. .one rule..one law..lots of backroom coastal movement to capitalize on this decision..more than you would think this soon....Hmmm maybe steering the agenda?
    Certainly not one word supporting those that have financed grizzlies studies..management.

Hmm it is always we want more...to shoot at nite, no reporting, etc. Etc.etc.
    One example of natives coming to the help of resident hunters not native..sure worked well for the ex cop required to go to court after beeing shut out of his LEH moose zone..
    Show me MUTUAL cooperation..still looking.
    Steven
    Well put Steven if only generalizing.....however I don’t agree with lumping all FNs in same category as that is not right as there are those that abide by the same regs as non-native. I believe some are on this site.

To the OP..... in my opinion it would be more beneficial for all of us if you explain to him the importance of “banding together” so to speak and showing solidarity with all other non-native hunters and continue to protest the closure and advocate for grizzly bear hunting to be reinstated based on the science and population numbers that clearly support the hunt. This applies to all wildlife and fisheries as well. I suggest explaining to him that the greatest chance of getting his Gbear is to get out and vote and hopefully get the Liberals back in. Learning to stand together on these issues will benefit everyone and society far more in the longrun instead of simply exploiting loopholes that favour a select few. All the best regardless of your decision.
    Last edited by northof49; 12-29-2017 at 03:00 PM.
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.