Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Funded Management for Our Future

Re: Funded Management for Our Future

Speaking of culling wolves, anyone know how that, (govt program) is going this winter?

I'm surprised Horgan hasn't stopped that as well...
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Curly, I haven't been here for years. How does my negativity grow old? Hahaha. Is it because I ain't a sheep? Is that why in 3 days of being back, I am already 'old'??? I just told you where I would put money to right this ship. As a matter of fact, I have been belitted for preaching that mantra for a good dozen years or more. Instead, funding went into 'studying' a critter that has been 'studied' to death. Instead of putting funding into the trappers that could have made a difference, the money went to collars because 'it will be fascinating to watch' as wolves decimated the herds.
    So you say, cull wolves cull wolves, the funding plan model won't work ...... Bla bla.

whats your plan, show the blueprint ....... Don't have one, no surprise, every one knows predator management is a huge rebuilder ........ Yet your negativity towards those trying yes along with B V ...... Is old. Your plan is #1.

wow your hollier then thou attitude continues, even after a three year absence.

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    So you say, cull wolves cull wolves, the funding plan model won't work ...... Bla bla.

whats your plan, show the blueprint ....... Don't have one, no surprise, every one knows predator management is a huge rebuilder ........ Yet your negativity towards those trying yes along with B V ...... Is old. Your plan is #1.

wow your hollier then thou attitude continues, even after a three year absence.
    Lets see, I share an opinion in a thread that is counter to the mantra 'habitat habitat habitat' and I am belittled by someone who is 'making a difference' for wildlife? Yup, I see this place hasn't changed much. The bullies are still at work pushing their agenda. I guess the question needs to be asked, if habitat is the 'answer' that has been preached so much over the years, where are the results? Where are the animals that have benefited from years of 'working hard for habitat'. Hmmm, i personally have seen a ton of habitat set aside for wildlife in the last 25 years, but how are those wildlife doing? Lets pick one that isn't even huntable, the southern mountain caribou. 25+ years of talking habitat habitat habitat with tons and tons of habitat protected. Where are all the new caribou? Has the habitat mantra worked?

The hunting community is so far behind when it comes to any kind of organized campaigning for the well-being of wildlife and wild places that we stand little chance of catching up anymore and I believe this poses a greater risk to hunting than predator control and habitat enhancement combined. We are constantly being presented as bloodthirsty savages to the general public and we(at least some of us) are feeding right into it. Far too many of us are either unaware of this war or even worse, don't care about it. It certainly doesn't help that we can't seem to agree on anything and seem far more interested in in-fighting than anything that is actually important. Pull off your tunnel-vision glasses, put your differences aside and get to work together and far more will get accomplished.

It scares me that there is even the slightest possibility of hunting disappearing in this province and it should scare you too because there is absolutely no reason for it. Nature will take care of itself eventually as it has since the beginning of time, but it would be very sad indeed if we were no longer allowed to partake in hunting simply because someone else says so.
    WSSBC Monarch Silver Member
    WSF Summit Life Member
    RMGA Life Member

The mountains are calling and I must go - John Muir

Curly , there are places where a plan is in place and gaining steam, your “sacred” Fed is at the table...but it sure ain’t the big voice.
    As for naming names.... people tend to get banned for speaking out against the chosen ones.
    Sheep

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by curly top View Post
    So we ALL know part of building our ungulate numbers back is PREDATOR control. That's a given as part of the equation. And the toughest sell not only to political parties but the public. Culling of Wolves, B and G Bears, Cats. Good luck with that.

we all know proper HABITAT is a huge builder in ungulates, and an easier sell to political parties and the public.

we all know FORESTRY and government combined could do a better job with all aspects of the practice from harvest, to rebuilding to access ...... And so so sell to all involved ........

So now you Experts, BV, BN, Dana ......etc. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT ? Let's hear your plan, or as you say, let's see your blueprint.

You all chastise those trying to convince officials for more funding, which includes some predator control in the equation...... But you all just criticize those trying for the better good off all wildlife for better management, practises and funding.

What Say you EXPERTS ? Your negativity of those trying for the better good has got real old. You toot your horns pointing fingers at X...King ..... Or who ever, And his or her followers Without naming actually who you mean.

If your so high and mighty and correct in your accusations and assumptions of what's wrong and a fix, just why is it you won't put your self out there and call out who and where you think the problems come from ?

Interesting to say the least.
    maybe you need to read again ....... Me a bully ..... Lol love it funny stuff, I'm a tough guy wow haha good Stuff Dana.

Try again answering the repost above. You and a few seem to have all the answers, again where's your blueprint, your plan ?

DUH ....... Yes predator management is a given, just how do ya do it, how do ya sell it?

Call me a bully, halarious ........ Take a look back at the way you BV and others call out #xking ...... And followers, fighting against a new funding model that may include predator management.

As as saud in another thread, don't like to reap what you sow .......Not likely, keep feeding that horse team with a donkey in the middle fighting all the way.

Either put put up or shut up as they say, at least several have steered in the right direction.

So moving back, what's your plan, show your blueprint. And again....... How do you do it?

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bearvalley View Post
    Curly , there are places where a plan is in place and gaining steam, your “sacred” Fed is at the table...but it sure ain’t the big voice.
    As for naming names.... people tend to get banned for speaking out against the chosen ones.
    Sheep
    well I'd sure rather support the Fed and take the high road then hiding in the corner taking stabs from the dark.

Wheres your blueprint BValley, why not show it and get all hunters United ....... Or is it more self serving then you would rather show ?

I'm hearing a real friendly dog fight on HBC about Funded Management for our Future...LOL..Whats it gonna cost ?...What's your plan?...Habitat ...Habitat ..Predator control...Predator control...To be really honest Einstein would have a hard time fixing our Management of Wildlife in BC...Well for starters the Ministry would have to bring back days of old ...Hire biologists ..Hire more CO's ..Oure asks how much money ?..You tell me what reviving the Ministry would cost!...You need boots on the ground that costs " MONEY "...Millions...Wildlife is managed for habitat carrying capacity...Not how many animals can everyone kill..Predator control is the biggest Elephant in the room..Capturing wolves and sterilizing them never accomplished Bugger all ..It never was going to..Because the Anti's voices had preference over the Hunting Community..To be successful we have to create a non political model that everyone has a seat at the table..There has to be a Robertson Pitman act created to fund this..Taking money from our budget won't fly with our current govt or our past govt..Nobody has any interest..Talk about infighting this forum has really got going with a few diehards that haven't seen the complex issue that it is ..MONEY...And where is it coming from?...Public relations regarding predator control is a very big hurdle..The Ministry of Forests mandate is to log every loggable tree in BC ..Does that create good habitat ?...I don't think so..BC is not Minnesota ..Our terrain is more diverse ..On the highways in the eastern US states ..One state kills more deer via vehicle accidents than BC kills in 10 years ..There deer numbers are like jackrabbits..They are everywhere..We have to move to a new model to manage our game but its gonna take more than Habitat and Predator control..Just my two bits..... Dennis

The 14 million we pay for licensing goes back to wildlife.
    Small tax is imposed on all goods and services that generate income from use in the outdoors.

Conservatively that would be 40 million going to wildlife.
    If adopted it would be a pretty good start.

With an NDP Gov we start out of the gate with we gotta kill more wolves while the majority of their voting base wants all predator hunting banned. Not the best foot forward.

Funding would help build political will and allow education of the general public.
    Get those two rolling it won't be as much of an uphill fight.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Here's a little dose of reality predator control is NOT going to happen!
    I spent 25 years doing government funded predator control,and dealing with the associated political fallout.
    If you think today's generation of leaf lickers is going to support killing any animal to support your hunting success, you're dreaming.
    If we are going to continue to hunt, we better support those species that can survive high predator numbers, poor habitat and unlicensed year round harvest.