Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterproof gloves

Re: Waterproof gloves

Here's my solution for wet-day blacktail hunting. I'm not a cheap guy, i've just spent money on fancy gloves only to have them last as long as cheap MEC ones. And here's the thing about gore-tex gloves. They're only waterproof because they have a thin gore-tex membrane liner inside. They still get wet on the outside and absorb water. They get heavy and this also kills the breathability too. So, in my opinion, gore-text gloves are crap.

I wear MEC gloves for $25. They are mid-weight with a piled fleece lining inside. I wear X-Large heavy duty nitrile glove on the outside. These are the ones mechanics use, so they are fairly tough. They are excellent for when you need to hike in steep, wet terrain and are constantly grabbing on wet, mossy logs and trees for support.

Anyways .... this is just what i use based on my disappointments with other gloves. Not saying it's the best way. Just my way. I haven't had to shoot with them on, but they come off easy in one pull.

Re: Waterproof gloves

Kast steelhead glove
    Unfortunately, the rifles are getting lighter because we are getting heavier and more unfit as a society. This is the key to the mainstream acceptance of the short magnums. - Nathan Foster