Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waterproof gloves

Waterproof gloves

I'm always hunting in the rain. Last year, I bought a pair of glacier glove branded neoprene gloves, those were waterproof and warm, but I wore holes in them this season. Plus they weren't worth a hoot for dexterity.
    Gloves are the last item in my arsenal of waterproofness.
    The hard part seems to be finding Waterproof, not gauntlets for setting decoys, and not super insulated late season gloves.

Who's using what?
    The only thing I like as much as trucks, is guns.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Waterproof gloves

Have you looked at any of the Simms brand gloves for fishing?

Kuiu yukon pro have been my solution for island BT for the last 3 years. Not perfect as in a major downpour mine eventually leak through the wrist closure after a few hours (but only in a monsoon). Dexterous enough to shoot and use large zippers with, without using the noisy velcro to take them off. Not cheap, but the best I've found so far. Do not get just the regular yukon gloves, those were a huge waste of money.

There was a similar post on a fly fishing site. Seems a lot of guys are using nitrile gloves with wool (or something similar) over them.

I've tried a few different kinds of gortexish gloves and as soon as you start grabbing branches and stuff to steady yourself in the thick stuff when its raining hard they get wet. I've gotten by in a lot of wet shitty weather with thick Icelandic wool gloves with the finger tips chopped off. Yes you eventually get wet, or more damp really but you do not get cold and they're good for shooting. With the finger tips gone they don't hold water and get soaked like a leaking glove will.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

If you want gloves that keep your hands dry head down to your local dirt bike shop and have a look at some ... some of the enduro cross gloves are the ticket ...

Never had much luck myself with anything. Can't find waterproof, tough, and flexible all in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

Agreed, never have found 'the best'
    but a neoprene gloves like SealSkinz or cheap Terras, and/or a good fleece glove, in combo with a shell over-mitt works pretty good.
    Always have spares along though
    Bought some products from Taiga Works and happy so far.
    Last edited by boxhitch; 12-27-2017 at 01:16 AM.
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Look at the Sitka ones, field proven in rain and cold.
    Blacktailaholic

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger.270 View Post
    Kuiu yukon pro have been my solution for island BT for the last 3 years. Not perfect as in a major downpour mine eventually leak through the wrist closure after a few hours (but only in a monsoon). Dexterous enough to shoot and use large zippers with, without using the noisy velcro to take them off. Not cheap, but the best I've found so far. Do not get just the regular yukon gloves, those were a huge waste of money.
    X2. Best that I have found as well. Have had my Yukons since the dollar was at par. Extremely durable and still warm & dry to this day. Good to below freezing, but a hunt on Gang one year got down to the -20's and they couldn't cut it. Purchased the kuiu Northstars for the really cold hunts and they have been excellent. Really like the longer cuffs on the Northstars and really solves the issue of the slightly leaky shorter wrist closures of the Yukons