Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What boot to buy

Re: What boot to buy

for $200 buck range you might be able to find a danner boot. Extremely confortable, durable and great in water.

Justin
    "Using your legs to go up a road is called walking, not hiking and if you have a gun over your shoulder or a bow in hand it's called road hunting."
    -Goat Guy. Dec 3/09.

Thank-you everyone. I now have different names and styles to start my selection. I'll keep you posted.

The best boots I have used are a pair of Sorel all leather with goretex high top hunting boots that I have worn for the past 10 years sadly they don't make them anymore because it is like putting on a pair of sold comfortable slippers when I wear them they get oiled once a year and a new set of insoles each season and are still going strong, Not cheap though they were $400.00 in 95-96 when I bought them but the Danner Canadains look very similar and the more expensive Danners are still made in the States. Just my 2 cents.

For that price range 1) Scarpa 2) Danner
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    Another vote for Irish setters, the ones I'm still wearing were close to $300 a few years back, but now the "Vibram" sole copyright is lifted they are much cheaper. They felt like slippers the moment I put them on, and I've NEVER had a blister!!
    I agree with steeleco.I have a pair of irish setters and my feet are warm and dry.They said they were water proof so the first thing i did was stand in a ankle deep creek for a few minutes........ they were right.
    I'm just here to provide moral support......Hey nice (insert animal here)congrats.

In memory of you dad..."you always leave a campsite cleaner then when you found it"

There's only one thing in life that constitutes insanity..... continuing to do the same thing you have been doing but expecting different results.

I use irish setters for my heavy boot,snow,steep crap.Rocky 9" rangers for my early all around boot.Check out Cabelas and Bas pro for specials sometime they blow good boots out real cheap.I payed a 100 bucks for my rockies 400gr thinsulate,goretex.That was tax,shipping everything.Wore them most of all last season because they worked.
    Big bullets ,Big holes ,Big meals...

Quote Originally Posted by bsa30-06 View Post
    I agree with steeleco.I have a pair of irish setters and my feet are warm and dry.They said they were water proof so the first thing i did was stand in a ankle deep creek for a few minutes........ they were right.
    I must have gotten the bad ones. Walked out of the first pair on a 3 week hunting trip. Second pair started to leak after a month of spring bear hunting. First pair went straight to the garbage - the other pair I wear in late season as backups cause I don't have to worry about leas then. Buddies that I hunt with have had the same problems.

Also walked out of the soles on a pair of danner's.

Scarpas have always lasted me an entire hunting season or more - the pair I've got right now I bought last August. They're starting to peel away where the sole and boot meet but they're still waterproof and the support's still there.
    Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.

Mandela

I work in the bush and honestly only get 2 years out of a pair of boots. I've tried Scarpa, Vasque and Asolo mostly. My last pair of Asolo's I got 4 1/2 years out of and now won't even look at another brand. Get an all leather gore tex ($250-$300) and you wont go wrong.
    I'm going to the dogs.
    Airy Mtn. Airedales

Me and my dad use Rocky's there a great boot but a little on the expensive side.
    Arrive.Raise Hell.Leave

I got some great help here on this topic awhile ago! Nobody lead me down the wrong road. If you can afford ~$300, here is my sugestion:
    http://www.sportiva.com/products/prod/239

Got these at Vallhala in Kamloops for $299.00. Just my .02!!

Perry
    The man who smiles when things go wrong....has thought of someone to blame it on!!

Light travels faster than sound!......He looked pretty bright.....Until he spoke!!