Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shed Sunday Anyone?

Shed Sunday Anyone?

A recent set I was able to match up. Found one side in the spring of 2016. Got lucky and found the match the spring of 2017 still in great shape.

2. Site Sponsor

Recent Nanaimo transplant to Williams Lake

Re: Shed Sunday Anyone?

Wow impressive pair.
    "People who know the least always argue the most."

"You should not use a rifle that will kill an animal when everything goes right, you should use one that will do the job when everything goes wrong."

Nice, in looking for sheds is it just a matter of beating the ground with shoe leather? Any advice?
    "It is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six" author Jeff Cooper
    One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors - Plato

Firearm Legal Defence insured, Member of the CCFR

This was last spring with a new pup, just in training to find sheds. At 3 months old, she found 3 different set. Looking forward to this coming spring.

Quote Originally Posted by igojuone View Post
    Nice, in looking for sheds is it just a matter of beating the ground with shoe leather? Any advice?
    Yup, pretty much. Boot Leather+knowledge of winter range+luck pretty much sums up shed hunting.

Lionhill, that's Awesome. 3 months old and found 3 sets. You have a true shed dog right there. While my 2 labs love chewing on sheds, they have yet to grasp the concept that they need to find them for me. Hahaha. Still fun to get them out in the spring regardless.

Dana when do you find it good to start looking for moose sheds?

Never truly spent effort looking for sheds but my son has show an interest. Only she’d i have found over the years are from WT.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    A recent set I was able to match up. Found one side in the spring of 2016. Got lucky and found the match the spring of 2017 still in great shape.

Wow those are impressive nice find, thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild one View Post
    Dana when do you find it good to start looking for moose sheds?

Never truly spent effort looking for sheds but my son has show an interest. Only she’d i have found over the years are from WT.
    Depends on snow depths but right now is when they are dropping. If snow is deep powder right now, they just fall to the bottom and get buried and you have to wait until snowmelt to find them, which depending on weather can be as early as March and as late as June. But, regardless of snow depth, now is the time to find the sign, shed scouting as per say. Find the bull sign right now and you will know where to look come snow melt. In low snow depths or hard crust, Christmas week through second week of Jan is a great time to be picking them up.

Great set! U must come across a lot while working?
    Tell it how it is!!!