Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    What I am saying is about 50% of the people that follow me are outdoorswoman. A large number of them are very accomplished hunters. And yet, in all my years on this site, only a small handful of outdoorswoman have showed up. Hmmm. Strange eh? Couldn't have anything to do with the rampant sexism this site has endorsed over the years. Seriously, when success photos of outdoorswomen have been posted up in the past, What do you think was the number 1 comment said again and again and again. Nice Rack! Hahaha giggle giggle. Or I'd hammer that. Hahaha, giggle giggle giggle. And yet you wonder why woman don't post here????
    I have never seen any such posts here. Can you provide an example?

I am surprised the ratio of female to male hunters on IG is actually greater than the general population, but who knows as I have only heard one or two male friends mention IG while most of the girls I know talk about it all the time.

I think you might be taking womens appeal to IG and using it to make a case that HBC is somehow sexist. Can you link us to a thread where a woman posted a picture of an animal and a male member replied, "I'd hammer that''? It is quite an allegation.

Are you doing that with a device? I just used my photobucket account yesterday to post those 2 photos. First time using photobucket in several years. My Gawd, what a pain in the ass on a device. I don't even use a computer at home anymore. All I use is a phone or tablet. Not user friendly on these ancient old sites that have not even come close to changing with the times. I can see why no one posts photos.
    Haven’t done it on a device just laptop and that was hard enough for this tech dummy.... maybe an hbc fundraiser for some software upgrades is in order

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post

I am surprised the ratio of female to male hunters on IG is actually greater than the general population, but who knows as I have only heard one or two male friends mention IG while most of the girls I know talk about it all the time.

I think you might be taking womens appeal to IG and using it to make a case that HBC is somehow sexist. Can you link us to a thread where a woman posted a picture of an animal and a male member replied, "I'd hammer that''? It is quite an allegation.
    God sakes they said the same about the news girl on global and the premier christy clarke
    It is well to try and journey ones road and to fight with the air.Man must die! At worst he can die a little sooner." (H Ryder Haggard)

The great thing about HBC is that it is self-correcting for the most part, when it stays on track long enough to finally get fleshed out properly.
    Trouble is the narrow short attention span of many posters tend to derail the better topics faster than a barracuda in a herring ball

hey, did you hear what Trump typed on Twisted today?
    Never say whoa in the middle of a mud hole

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post

Nope, i won't post a link. I don't have time to find what has been said here countless times in the past. I haven't been here for almost 3 years. I have no idea what you guys have done since I left. There is a search button still is there not? Why don't you look for it? I do know woman have been very uncomfortable posting here. I do also know that woman hunter numbers are growing and growing, especially with positive role models like Eva Shockey being an example. And it is something HBC had not and will not be a part of.

Quote Originally Posted by horshur View Post
    God sakes they said the same about the news girl on global and the premier christy clarke
    Though not appropriate or exclusive to HBC (you see that on FB too) it is a long stretch from directing it towards a female member.

If we are making allegations that if a female member posts a successful hunt picture here and gets replies "I'd hammer that", it needs to be substansiated. If true, let's look at how it can be dealt with, but if nobody can actually find an example of this happening, all this post is doing is needlessly discouraging female members from posting.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-23-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Nope, i won't post a link. I don't have time to find what has been said here countless times in the past. I haven't been here for almost 3 years. I have no idea what you guys have done since I left. There is a search button still is there not? Why don't you look for it? I do know woman have been very uncomfortable posting here. I do also know that woman hunter numbers are growing and growing, especially with positive role models like Eva Shockey being an example. And it is something HBC had not and will not be a part of.
    I haven't seen it in my 7 years here, but if we go around talking as if that is the norm on HBC, I can see how that would make people uncomfortable. I am 100% certain mods would deal with any sort of harassment. Perhaps it would be more constructive to let your followers know that instead of going on attack mode about #metoo stuff happening here

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Reason: Don't know the numbers but my guess is that there are many, many more male hunters than female hunters. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 100 to 1.

This site promotes sexism
    is crapola!
    Did some quick research & came up with 93 to 7 from 2013.
    Never thought that there were that many women hunters. Remember back in the old days when there were 2x as many hunters in BC- I don't remember ever seeing a lady hunter.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    You need some Forty Creek for that? Numb that thing!
    Im back on the CROWN now ! lol I need it to put up with SPY ! LOL RJ
    Last edited by REMINGTON JIM; 12-23-2017 at 11:45 PM.

This thread has nothing to do with sexism or members leaving or the Mods not doing a GREAT job on HBC. This thread is because Dana is still Butt hurt because many members did not agree with him on the allocation policy thread & he did not take the high road he left because he was pissed off.
    Hey Dana one of your favorite sayings was "don't get your panties in a Knot" & it won't take me long to find an example. You talked politics all the time pages and pages why not check your last posts. Everyone has been getting on just fine here many great hunting threads and plenty more to come, hell I was even thinking of posting up a couple now that the season is over and Ive worked out the picture thing again.

I think the Mods and Marc run a great site & do an excellent job moderating. Jellvis gives us updates on the membership all the time and guess what the membership is going up not down.. Some more info for you there were no threads started asking where you were over the last 3 years.
    Many on here have argued over many things but always seen to be able to bury the hatchet and let things go, maybe its time for you to drop the ego and do the same..
    Stop slamming a great site that you have not been part of for three years..
    Merry Christmas