Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

My take is that if I want to see hunting-only content, I stick to the hunting related sections. If I am bored and I feel like reading mixed banter, I'll check out the Open Chat or Politics sections.

It's all pretty well organized. If there's a section or thread I don't feel like reading, I don't click on it and start reading it. I don't have enough time to seek out things I know will annoy me.

I guess the "New posts" feature could have mixed stuff, but I have never really relied on it to navigate the forum. Maybe it can be adjusted to only show New posts in certain sections?

One thing I'd love to see more of is hunt stories (successful or not) I can't stand Facebook (never even tried IG) for that reason. Few people post write-ups... just pics "hey check out this buck I shot" ... *yawn... scroll*

Is this a bad time to say this should go in Open Chat?

Dana makes valid points and it is very hard to have a hunting site that is strictly hunting when some much of what, where and how we hunt is dependent on public policy. When I view a topic here that may be controversial, I generally pass. Debating a topic can be fun but the style of “debate” on this site certainly gives an individual cause to question engaging in it. Hence I rarely visit this site anymore and I suspect I’m not alone.
    For every person with a spark of genius............. there are a hundred with ignition trouble!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HappyJack View Post
    Actually have noticed an awful lot of ladies out there hunting the last few years, some are with their guys, some are by themselves and with kids tagging along. And these are actually female hunters not just ladies tagging along.
    That is great. I am happy to here that. I just don't think, unfortunately, they make up very significant portion of the hunting population. Which is really to bad. Hunting us one of the few sports that offers an even playing field.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Holy Phuck ! Thats a LOT of DRAMA ! Dewey HURT my 1 feeling too ! lol RJ
    Fill this out at your earliest convenience RJ this must end

its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    And you left a US hunting site over the drama as well.
    Too many egos from what I recall.

Be fun to watch how you play in the sandbox again.
    Are we seeing a common theme here ?
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Quote Originally Posted by canucks6 View Post
    Loving this. Read lots and respond very little. I got a whole shed full of stories that i dont feel comfortible posting. Let's put the trolls back under their bridges. You want to post u gotta put up a pic, new rule I just started. Might get the keyboard warriors outside.
    Get the site revamped so us unskilled can put up pics!

Side note for those struggling with posting pictures... I spent a few hours figuring that garbage out this morning and it's really easy (so easy it should never have taken me a few hours ). Create an imgur account and upload your pictures. Than click on the photo and copy the bb code and paste it in your comment.... works like a charm.

DANA !!! What is your handle on IG? Hit me up with a PM if you like.

My participation here has dropped of dramatically. I have come to fully understand that all the bullshit is actually bad for one's health. I have also recently taken FB and LinkedIn off my phone and work computer and now rarely read or post anything on social media other than work stuff.. It is a terrible distraction and sucks time away from those parts of life that are truly important. I would definitely enjoy seeing your incredible picks and hunting stories again though.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."

Quote Originally Posted by Mulehahn View Post
    I am actually curious as to why? Are you suggesting that 50% of all hunters in BC are female? I hope so but I doubt it. I only hunt a few areas, and rarely run into women hunting. Infact, i do not believe I have ever run into a woman, or group of women hunting alone. I know a few women at my local range who are avid firearm shooters but they do not hunt. I would concede archery is probably close to 50% (maybe higher), but again many do not hunt.

In fact, very very few of my exes or female friends will go on a hunting trip. Almost all of them will tag along, but short of a drive they will usually spend the days fishing or hiking while I hunt. So why do you think that half of your followers are huntresses?

Sorry for the derail, I just would truly like to know how to open the appeal of hunting to a more diverse group. We are losing out. Feel free to PM me
    What I am saying is about 50% of the people that follow me are outdoorswoman. A large number of them are very accomplished hunters. And yet, in all my years on this site, only a small handful of outdoorswoman have showed up. Hmmm. Strange eh? Couldn't have anything to do with the rampant sexism this site has endorsed over the years. Seriously, when success photos of outdoorswomen have been posted up in the past, What do you think was the number 1 comment said again and again and again. Nice Rack! Hahaha giggle giggle. Or I'd hammer that. Hahaha, giggle giggle giggle. And yet you wonder why woman don't post here????

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    Side note for those struggling with posting pictures... I spent a few hours figuring that garbage out this morning and it's really easy (so easy it should never have taken me a few hours ). Create an imgur account and upload your pictures. Than click on the photo and copy the bb code and paste it in your comment.... works like a charm.
    Are you doing that with a device? I just used my photobucket account yesterday to post those 2 photos. First time using photobucket in several years. My Gawd, what a pain in the ass on a device. I don't even use a computer at home anymore. All I use is a phone or tablet. Not user friendly on these ancient old sites that have not even come close to changing with the times. I can see why no one posts photos.