Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Show off, wrong category though! K

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    Or something that would allow the picture to be downscaled in file size, as some of the camera's, even point and shoots, can be huge nowdays.
    It would be really nice if it was similar to Facebook where you click on the camera icon choose the picture from your phone/computer photos and hit post.......

Okay, I did a little more Googling and here is what I came up with, for posting directly from your Iphone

The problem with most Iphone pics is that they are too big to post directly from your phone. So there are 2 ways to deal with this-

1. Download a photo resizing App from the Apple store resize and then post smaller pic to HBC
    2. Email yourself the pic direct from your phone, and pick a smaller than original size to send. Open the email and save the pic, then post to HBC

The 2 pictures I just posted of my dinner (Hong Kong style baked pork chops and rice, FYI) were posted via the email method. The first (smaller) pic is "Small" and the second, larger pic is "Large" off of the email sizing list.

Emailing it to yourself is a little hokey, but you can send 5 pics at once, it's not that difficult and it does indeed work. I haven't tried an app yet, that may be the best solution of all.

But the answer is - Yes you CAN post a pic to HBC from your phone, it just needs to be the correct size.

Beers all around!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Test pic using iPhone image app .... another local Blacktail
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18FF0E8E-A7A0-4D4C-ACDF-5061BD1E8BC5.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	6724  

Well that wasn't easy. My ipad can't handle the imgur app due to it being an old generation ipad. Can't upload a photo without the app. Just sits ans spins. My iphone could download the app and could upload a photo but can't post because img codes can't be accessed. Back to ipad and image code accessed. What a run around. No wonder why many don't post photos here anymore.

Yes I agree if you have a different opinion your labeled a troll fakeHunter or just plain stupid. Therea are several members who respond in an arrogant bully style. Not all members act this way most seem open to dialogue wrong or right. But a few are just plain assholes not conducive to increasing membership as they seem to hijack the narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Well that wasn't easy. My ipad can't handle the imgur app due to it being an old generation ipad. Can't upload a photo without the app. Just sits ans spins. My iphone could download the app and could upload a photo but can't post because img codes can't be accessed. Back to ipad and image code accessed. What a run around. No wonder why many don't post photos here anymore.

What method did you use to post this pic of the ram?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Gate, after looking at numerous options and trying and failing. I tried again with Imgur. Could create an account on my ipad but could not upload a photo because I could not download the app. Needs to be IOS 10 or later and older generation ipads only have IOS 9. something. I then tried my phone which has IOS 11 and was able to download the app and then upload a photo. Figured that was pretty easy until I tried to find where the image codes are. Nothing I clicked on on the app showed me image codes. Went back to the ipad and opened imgur without an app and accessed my account and low and behold, image codes. What a run around.

Perhaps the key is using a resizing app that resizes directly on the phone. I'll try one tonight if I get a chance. The email method I used above does work and is easy as it deposits the resized image back into your phones album, although it seems silly in 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Perhaps the key is using a resizing app that resizes directly on the phone. I'll try one tonight if I get a chance. The email method I used above does work and is easy as it deposits the resized image back into your phones album, although it seems silly in 2018
    Since I shoot with a camera and not the phone, I resize all my photos before they ever get put on my phone or ipad. That way when I post on social media, i have little worry of actual profitable theft and I am not cluttering up my devices with huge photo files. Editing photos is about the only time I touch a computer for personal use.

Soooo ... why did Dana get banned? What did I miss?