Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

I need to get a "make HBC great again" hat. This site is what the mods and members make it. To think that you won't have differing opinions and have to deal with assholes is pretty naive. This is just a snapshot of the world as a whole, you know, the place where fellow hunter's steal your cams, quads and bikes drive past you, sit in your stand etc. Deal with it or stay home. There will also be like minded people who may become friends.
    A post without pics is nothing in this day and age and I reiterate what has been stated multiple times in this thread, if posting pics is painful or impossible it isn't getting posted.
    Improve that and the site will be a better place.

I want this site to be a place where hunters can celebrate their successes... stories and pics of their harvests without being criticized.. "what a dink buck," "would have been nice in a year or two" "Why you shoot does?"

Open, honest support for the hunting community we ate, not a bunch of keyboard warriors calling each other down..

End of rant

Most won't post pics in fear of being harmed on..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    I want this site to be a place where hunters can celebrate their successes... stories and pics of their harvests without being criticized.. "what a dink buck," "would have been nice in a year or two" "Why you shoot does?"

Open, honest support for the hunting community we ate, not a bunch of keyboard warriors calling each other down..

End of rant

Most won't post pics in fear of being harmed on..

I would say a lot of the negativity on what guys posted for animals ended years back. Some might be holding back because of past negativity but think mostly it’s the pain of posting pics is the issue

Just making it easier to post pics I think would make a big difference

Agree . In the past many hunters have been crucified . I like to hike/hunt but could care less how others go about it . We need to work together and stop being so self serving.
    By the way good to see you back Dana , I've always enjoyed your photos and stories and have learnt a lot from you . Shot my best buck ever this year ( not as good as the trophies you've taken ) because i took your and a few others advice and passed over many legal bucks the last couple of seasons .

The biggest threat to hunting in BC is politics. PETA, Indians, EnviroNazis. Promoting resident hunting means playing politics; hunting is a political issue.

Gun Control, Animal Rights, Indian Rights, Environmental Regulation, Access Freedom are all controlled by the Crown.

Elect Governments which benefit hunters!
    Quote Originally Posted by ElectricDyck View Post
    ....i dont buy ** fish ..its like buying your stolen tools back from a crack head..

This thread basically proves Dana's point. This site serves people looking for hunting information but anybody that is interested in it would take a hike after reading some of the garbage, terrible community respect. Burn it down.

It's not a pain to post pics... just a bit more effort..

Rocksteady ..... show me a way with mobile devices ... I have no idea how to put some pics of a blacktail I took this year up in the Chilliwack Lake river valley... I have a iPhone 6s that I pack ... most people now use mobile devices ... always look forward to seeing your ice fishing pics ..they are pretty cool !!!!
    Last edited by Ferenc; 12-25-2017 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    What turns me off the most is constantly seeing obvious antis posting inflammatory crap in almost every thread. If I wanted that condescending condemnation I would find some liberal arts students to hang out with. Life is too short fir me to wade through that crap. I post very little info because I have watch those who do get torn apart by Island Wanderor, Jassimine et al.
    Posts ripped apart by IslandWanderer? Huh? That’s silly.

I probably spend more days hunting than lots of people on here.

Streamlining the posting of pictures would be great though.

I’d wish you all a merry Xmas, but I don’t observe it.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferenc View Post
    Rocksteady ..... show me a way with mobile devices ... I have no idea how to put some pics of a blacktail I took this year up in the Chilliwack Lake river valley... I have a iPhone 6s that I pack ... most people now use mobile devices ... always look forward to seeing your ice fishing pics ..they are pretty cool !!!!
    I upload mine to imgur... cut and paste into the thread... Not saying I am a techno weenie.. . But if I can figure it out so can everyone else
    Last edited by rocksteady; 12-25-2017 at 06:14 PM.