Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok lets have a vote to shut down the female appreciation thread, and see how that goes... while we are at it shut down open chat and everything else that offends one or two members! My guess is you would have a mass migration away from HBC. You can't make everyone happy there will always be those that find fault with everything. But everyone has the option to click on a thread or not its up to the member behind the keyboard what they want to view or not.
    I find it laughable when members complain about threads nobody is forcing them to click on, the stupidity boggles the mind..
    Don't like the female appreciation thread then don't open it don't like political threads, then don't click on them its a pretty simple concept that many don't seem to get...
    Did I hit a nerve? I wasn't the one crowing about parts of HBC not being sexist.

If being objective is above your comprehension I feel for you.

Quote Originally Posted by KingB View Post
    Yes there is some bullying that happens on this site but I have noticed that usually other members quickly come out against the bully's posts, which is great. If anyone wants to see a really f*cked up forum go look at GOC (Gun Owners of Canada). After a short time on that forum I came to the conclusion that either:

1. the site was run by the anti-gun lobby pretending to be idiot shooters and hunters as a means to discredit gun owners
    2. the site really is run by a group of idiot gun owners that do a great disservice to responsible gun owners

Hunting BC as a forum is pretty good. Let's all keep calling out the few that do participate in bullying. And, yes the pic posting options really suck. I will keep trying to figure it out though.
    Well said, as was your previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Did I hit a nerve? I wasn't the one crowing about parts of HBC not being sexist.

If being objective is above your comprehension I feel for you.
    Lol not at all lots of sarcasm in there & honesty maybe not enough smiley wink'ee emojis

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    SSS, He must have changed his tune recently because he was the one that wanted the Liberals to pay the most and slammed each and every hunter that disagreed with him. How many have left this site because of ol'Paddycake attacking them. Yup, he really is a Hunter Recruitment genius ain't he? I am more than willing to work with people who can own up to their mistakes and own what they said and make things right. But Paddycake doesn't have it in him. He is right and everyelse is wrong. He is and always has been an internet bully and for this site to move on, the internet bullies have to go!
    Firstly- FD and I have different styles of communication (like a lot of HBC members). I think that's pretty obvious.

If you think that FD has ever supported the NDP or Greens then I think you have an issue with comprehension. NO ONE on HBC has ever been more out-spoken against those two than FD. Just ask any of our resident HBC NDP supporters and they will tell you.

I went back and re-read the last thread that you posted on before you packed up your toys and left the sandbox(..for the 3rd or fourth time?).

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...where-you-hunt

If you think the purpose of the allocation rallies was to convince people to vote NDP or Greens, then you missed the entire message. The purpose was to let our former government know that the vast majority of resident hunters in BC were not happy with the splits the government announced.

The BCWF was and still is a non-partisan organization. They tell their members to engage their elected officials (or people in the running to be our elected officials) on issues that are important to its members.....wildlife funding, proper time-wise studies and inventories etc.

One of your first posts on your return to HBC was to announce that wildlife in BC is in big, big trouble (no one is disagreeing with you on that one). Then you go onto bash GG saying he is siding with Raincoast and the other antis.
    Most of the things he posts on FB and Twitter are about things that adversely affect wildlife and fish populations. Most of us here on HBC support responsible natural resource extraction but to blindly support all forms natural resource extraction uses is irresponsible.

Let's take site C for example (which was a very divided topic of debate here on HBC). Yes, we need clean power but if you look at the track record of the dams in BC (Eg. Peace-Williston), you will find that wildlife populations have steadily gone downhill post-flooding by a substantial amount. The Fish and Wildlife Compensation programs set in place have been gutted over the years and have done very little (more like next to nothing) to restore wildlife numbers to pre-flooding years.

No one gets the big picture more than GG and that big picture is

1- funding
    2-science

3-social support

Under our current govt, at best we may get and increase in funding, but don't ever count on gaining #3 as we just witnessed with the g bear issue.

How long until the next time you pack up your toys and leave?? Hmmmmmmm........

SSS
    Last edited by Stone Sheep Steve; 12-27-2017 at 11:05 PM.
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

^^^1-3 is definitely correct....I think a few letters to the editor are in order to our local newspapers....

Quote Originally Posted by elkhunterette View Post
    Wow, that's pretty harsh! I wear a pink hat but I carry a big gun.....I consider myself a hunter and don't like being lumped into a group that you consider "fake"!
    Don't pay any attention. Most of his posts these days are sophomoric attempts at shock and insult he's just looking for a rise as usual. Too bad actually he used to be funny a while back now he's just a troll.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

Do you all not see that TexasWalker is just trying to stir the pot and get folks all mad...talk about hook line and sinker lol...

Quote Originally Posted by REMINGTON JIM View Post
    Alright Where the Hell is FD Pat will have answers ! lol RJ
    Nice to catch up with you on text the other week buddy, hopefully the fishing is good!

As for the thread, well I never saw the “HBC good old days”, it seems to be a revolving door of issues that turn up often. Thanks to the mods, I can only imagine some of the headaches they have to deal with on a daily basis.

I have to say, that the couple of handfuls of members that I have met in person have all been top notch guys. Hopefully I’ll meet a few choice more down the road.

Yes the mods have a big job on their hands at times ... I do remember the site owner sayin he “Runs a kindergarten for hunters” and sometimes it’s that .... but I’m sure it will be good again .
    And as for the quote I thought it was pretty funny... and Kyle seems to always pull out the old ones
    Lol

I just read through this thread ... people reap what they sew. I havent seen many of the issues mentions in a few years.

I would lock this positivity black hole in a NY minute
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA