Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?
    I agree for the most part, but people have a right to free speech, I just suggest that some of these 'bullies' choose their words a little more wisely, and don't come across as such ass-hats...A lot of these 'bullies' are also very pro Provincial Liberal - government, and have educated a lot of people in a positive way for our future hunting rights, as in letting people know that they shouldn't be voting NDP or Green if we want to keep hunting and want our children to hunt..

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    I commented last year on having the mods deleting or not allowing so many silly threads .... ie sasquatch , conspiracy theories etc as other than being funny they are disruptive ....
    whats a IG ?
    Sure, some of the non wilderness related threads can be silly, but I think a lot of the political threads are important, and educate a lot of people in a positive way, including myself...IMO many of the other threads such as sasquatch, as long as they're wilderness or wildlife related, are good for this site...

So according to you this site promotes sexism! GIVE ME A BREAK!

Here's an example of HBC's treatment of new members be they female or male.
    See POST #89

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...dy+competition

I love this post !! Thank you. to be honest I cant stand when people say fisherwomen or fisher, I honestly dont like the term Huntress either, we are all hunters it is not a name only given to men it is a generic term given to all people male or female who spend their time harvesting animals.

Thank you for that link .. i have read it and found it very interesting.

Originally Posted by mpotzold
    Welcome to HBC!
    You’ve got my vote & GOOD LUCK!

By the sounds of it you’re one of us-a genuine hunter. Having a guide/outfitter dad certainly helps.

More & more women are getting involved in hunting. You’re definitely an inspiration to other women!

On our last hunting trip, Eve(also a hunter) & I met a lady hunter from BC . She excels in archery both in hunting & competition. A short time ago she killed a grizzly with an arrow. On this hunting trip she was using a rifle for deer. She no doubt has been an avid hunter for some time. An instantly likeable person & a life of the party.

My regular hunting partner LT (LOVER 308 ) since 1967 always said that it must be the Neanderthal in us that makes us want to hunt.

BTW good on you in using Fisherman instead of that dreaded so called politically correct word fisher/s.

Fisher is an animal!

Interesting!
    http://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2014/11/20/7-female-celebrities-didnt-know-hunters/

“People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    There is a male appreciation thread on HBC started by the ladies on HBC. I will admit Im a man and love looking at beautiful woman I think that is totally natural if you are human thats how we were wired.. I think it might not be politically correct in todays times but I don't follow that snowflake sheep mentality.. Like Rug Dr said in an earlier post if you don't like or enjoy a thread nobody is forcing you to click on it and open it.

Nothing says I'm not sexist like a 50's plus man ogling someone's 20 something daughter. Not that I don't look but it seems this isn't the site for it.

Only one that the HBC can do to help bring more hunting related posts is make pics easier to post

Outside of that it is the members who will make the forum what it is. Many of the old members experienced members are gone who used to help with advice. There is a larger % of rookie or hunters with limited experience then the past. There is nothing wrong with this but there was more experienced knowledge that was available in the past.

There still is some very knowledgeable members here and some very helpful advice passed along but not what there was in the past.

Some who were here or still are hold knowledge on some species beyond what most understand. This kind of knowledge being passed along was what helped originally built this forum

I wasn't going to post anything here because I'm not going to read all 13 pages of this nonsense but I feel I have to chime in. This is just my 2 cents so I understand It's not worth much but here goes. It seems the easy solution is a revamp of the website. Create different forums. Have one specifically for "HUNTING" whether thats archery, firearm, muzzleloader or what ever. Just hunting. Seems most of us that actually are on here as hunters probably do all that or at least parts of it and are interested in all of it. Have a section for the open discussion, the people on here that call themselves hunters but, in my best guess never see the outdoors, can discuss what ever they want. I find this site to be very little about hunting and more of facebook type of thingy, I bet very few people on here are actual head to the woods type of hunters. Dont get me wrong, some are and thats what I am interested in. But I have asked legit hunting questions on here in the past and get very little response, yet a question like this responds 13 pages. Take this crap someplace else. So thanks Dana for bringing this up, I dont know you and am sure I never will but I think something needed to be said. Again my 2 cents so take it for what ever it is, and if that pisses you off I really dont care.

Quote Originally Posted by gcreek View Post
    Nothing says I'm not sexist like a 50's plus man ogling someone's 20 something daughter. Not that I don't look but it seems this isn't the site for it.
    Ok lets have a vote to shut down the female appreciation thread, and see how that goes... while we are at it shut down open chat and everything else that offends one or two members! My guess is you would have a mass migration away from HBC. You can't make everyone happy there will always be those that find fault with everything. But everyone has the option to click on a thread or not its up to the member behind the keyboard what they want to view or not.
    I find it laughable when members complain about threads nobody is forcing them to click on, the stupidity boggles the mind..
    Don't like the female appreciation thread then don't open it don't like political threads, then don't click on them its a pretty simple concept that many don't seem to get...

**** it start a new site. One that bans people for the garbage they spew.

Quote Originally Posted by Islander30 View Post
    Im not going to laugh, Im not going to laugh, Im not going to laugh....Bahahahaha.......oh shit gotta go guys, my wife wants to know what Im laughing about !!!!
    Hahaha it's the truth though right!!
    Sure there are some genuine female hunters but most are just an image.
    My wife hates all that shit and she's better at field dressing than most guys I hunt with, she doesn't claim to he an extreme huntress either!

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Ok lets have a vote to shut down the female appreciation thread, and see how that goes... while we are at it shut down open chat and everything else that offends one or two members! My guess is you would have a mass migration away from HBC. You can't make everyone happy there will always be those that find fault with everything. But everyone has the option to click on a thread or not its up to the member behind the keyboard what they want to view or not.
    I find it laughable when members complain about threads nobody is forcing them to click on, the stupidity boggles the mind..
    Don't like the female appreciation thread then don't open it don't like political threads, then don't click on them its a pretty simple concept that many don't seem to get...
    Agree"..............