Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Quote Originally Posted by LupieHunter View Post
    The "female appreciation thread" is a prime example of sexism and inappropriate posts that should disappear from this site...
    There is a male appreciation thread on HBC started by the ladies on HBC. I will admit Im a man and love looking at beautiful woman I think that is totally natural if you are human thats how we were wired.. I think it might not be politically correct in todays times but I don't follow that snowflake sheep mentality.. Like Rug Dr said in an earlier post if you don't like or enjoy a thread nobody is forcing you to click on it and open it.

I just love how when threads don't go someone's way the mods always get blamed.

People say they don't post anymore but want to see more hunting related posts.
    Guess what. If you have some great stories and don't post then you are partly to blame for the lack of hunting content.
    The admins and mods all have full time jobs and don't have time to babysit thousands of people crying.

But you are right. We are sick and tired of the crap that people try and get away with as well.
    It's almost comical. We run a tight ship and all I get are PMs complaining we are mod nazis
    If we let it go the other PMs are complaining that we let a member insult them or call them names or even use their real name on the site. We can't win.

I also agree it would be nice if it was easier to post pics

I've got to ask this....
    when the admins give a "time out", do the people getting the "penalty" get "informed that they have been penalized"??
    I guess the same question applies if one gets completely banned???

Just curious.....every time I have come on here...it works....lol....

Quote Originally Posted by Bugle M In View Post
    I've got to ask this....
    when the admins give a "time out", do the people getting the "penalty" get "informed that they have been penalized"??
    I guess the same question applies if one gets completely banned???

Just curious.....every time I have come on here...it works....lol....
    Yes you receive an infraction and they let you know why

Iv never really noticed any bullying going on in here, but like a few others have said, I don’t even open the political posts, they give me a headache. Personally, I can’t be bullied by a key board warrior, I have thick skin I guess. In general, if it’s not hunting, guns, or gear related, I skip right on past. I have noticed those kind of post being farther apart ever since the photo sharing got messed up on here, Iv kinda quit posting storys/photos myself since that happen, a story isn’t the same without photos. I’m new to IG, but so far, I’m loving it. I tend to spend more time on there then here lately.

On that note, Iv always enjoyed your photos Dana, and would defiantly like to follow your photos on IG, if I knew how to find you lol.

Have a great Christmas HBC.

There is open chat for a reason, If you dont like open chat ... stay in the hunting forum.

I like HBC just the way it is, Its a great community ... This is thread is a troll.
    JOIN US AT CRSPORTFISHING.CA

Dana, I think you're going to find not much has changed on this site.
    I've noticed the band leader hasn't commented on this thread, he just lets his choirboys sing.

the problem is all the crap has crawled from the open chat into the hunting forums. People don,t post because they attacked for whatever reason. if you think this site is fine as it is then you may be part of the perceived problem.As opposed to a troll which we see far too much of , this thread looks like one man,who is an actual hunter trying to revive a site into what it once was. A place to share hunting stories and info and generally bond as a commmunity of like minded individuals as opposed to a bunch of whining snivelling keyboard jockeys.

I have been reading several posts about the decline of animal numbers, and I have been reading the various opinions. I want to hear others' opinions and views. If people disagree on the root cause, I see this as being a discussion.
    I have also read posts where people ask if its ok to tamper with trail cams of other hunters etc. I think the opinions expressed in response to be important.
    I must not have read the things being labelled as bullying.
    Get it on the ground, that's when the work starts

Quote Originally Posted by blacklab View Post
    Dana, I think you're going to find not much has changed on this site.
    I've noticed the band leader hasn't commented on this thread, he just lets his choirboys sing.
    It only takes a cocky little $hit to open his mouth and it is easy to see things haven't changed. The band leader is reading though. He's probably making a list just like I am. Hahaha!