Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Example of a female deer hunter thread from this October

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...hlight=Ncurrie

And from the year before

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...5-days-hunting

Those were just two I remembered, didn't see anything but congrats in them.
    Last edited by Gateholio; 12-23-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

And another recent one... really great post too. I'm all about the descriptive write-ups and this is a gooder

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ths-To-Success

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    And another recent one... really great post too. I'm all about the descriptive write-ups and this is a gooder

Yes that was a great thread and she told a great story.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

One from 2015. You can thank Botophucket for the lack of a picture, but it was there at the time.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...p-Off-the-Menu
    Pretend hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post

Yes that was a great thread and she told a great story.
    X3 great story and pics & would you believe it great posts all congratulating the young lady

Wow, that was a great thread! Can't believe I missed it.

I have to agree, I do not recall the comments Dana is referring to. But if they did or do happen every member on this site should make sure it is not tolerated.
    I don't shoot innocent animals... Just the ones that look guilty!

I have never seen any such posts here. Can you provide an example?

I am surprised the ratio of female to male hunters on IG is actually greater than the general population, but who knows as I have only heard one or two male friends mention IG while most of the girls I know talk about it all the time.

I think you might be taking womens appeal to IG and using it to make a case that HBC is somehow sexist. Can you link us to a thread where a woman posted a picture of an animal and a male member replied, "I'd hammer that''? It is quite an allegation.
    The "female appreciation thread" is a prime example of sexism and inappropriate posts that should disappear from this site...

Make posting pictures easier! Especially from mobile devices.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

Quote Originally Posted by Caribou_lou View Post
    Im sorry, but because you use butt hurt as an actual form of credential makes it inadmissible. Please use another forn of teenage literature.
    Ok that was a bit teenagerish for this mature forum maybe these would describe it better for you, sorry for the confusion
    Sore, Insulted,offended,dejected,incensed,disgruntled,ch ided,chapped,pissed,bummed or hemorrhoidal

What say me.
    Dana, I thought about you a few times since your self-imposed exile. However, that doesn't mean I missed you. Just like missing Jelvis, only I put him on my ignore list whereas you hadn't aspired to that "honor" as I liked your posts. I might touch on that a little later. So let's begin.

Honest question?
    Define honest question.

How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC?
    If my memory serves me right, you were quite willing to dispense your opinions and sometimes in a belittling manner toward others. Would that not be deemed bullying as well? And I would ask, who are these bullies you refer to that mandate their opinions. We are all free to express our opinions and sometimes we cross a fine line that brings the hammer down, I know, I have been there once or twice.

Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again?
    Of course we all like a good read with photos to supplement the text. There is nothing that prevents that today from actually happening. Your free to post your stories just as everyone else is, nothing to hold you back except your own fear.

Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow?
    And what of this "dribble the bullies allow" that you allude to? Spell it out, I would like to know what this "dribble" what you perceive it to be. Let's define that beyond just insinuation.

This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that.
    This is a two part statement, actually, it's three parts. Let's start with the back part from "left because of that". Mind enlightening us in what "that" is, rather oblique. And while we're at it, "very divisive crew", who are these people, your accusation are very in-explicit and evasive?
    Let me digress from this for a moment and talk about you, or the little I know of you. You were raised in the North Thompson, Clearwater to be more precise, right? Your grandparents probably came to area by rail as highways didn't exist before the '60s (I know because I was offered a job on a roadbuilding crew and the only way in was by train). Your grandparents were pioneer stock for the area. And what did pioneers do for leisure time when they could afford it, why they hiked up mountains so they could view the vistas that they missed on the prairies. And some even built cabins to be used by future family generations. As a result, you tagged along to the outdoors because you didn't have TV or the other vices of those in the bright lights to the south. You're employed in forestry, particularly timber cruising and some surveying. So what am I getting at? Well Dana, you have lived the utopia that the large majority of those that frequent this forum can only dream and wish for. There are 21,225 members listed for this forum. I highly doubt that 10% of the 21,225 have accomplished what you have, no, probably less than 1% could accomplish that. Most are employed in sectors that do not give the ability to scout while at work, a rather unique advantage you have granting you a highly probable rate of hunting success. You're quite aware of that of course. Which brings me to the other part of the statement, " a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up ". Just how many real good hunters are you talking about? I challenge you to name 0.05% of the total forum membership, that would be about 106 real good hunters that packed up.

Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?
    In summation. Your 12 thousand Instagram followers are just not cutting it for you are they? After all, what demographic make up the vast majority on Instagram? And really, how many really hunt and fish? You have taken thousands of photos of your adventures over the past three years and have refrained from posting them to "so called hunting boards". Why is that? Is it because you have been seen as someone that likes to have their ego stroked and it just wasn't happening? I would say to you that giving what you want and what you are going to get are not going to happen here. There are other elements at play for the hunters of BC, be they resident or guided. The Utopian hunting forays that you have lived are soon going to be in the past if this forum should solely acquiesce to your desire to solely post hunting "epics" such as yours. If this does not bode well with you, then by all means, create your own "castle". Gather up your 12G IG followers and move on.
    You see Dana, we all have made mistakes. I bet that if Werner and Ellis could find a time machine to revert back 5 or 6 years at least, they would be on it. The future does not bode well for their interests. Nor does the future bode well for the resident hunter. And it all boils down to selfishness on one part or another, be it guides, resident hunters of one region complaining about the harvest rate of resident hunters "invading" from elsewhere. You get the idea? This forum serves as a method of getting the message out. Hopefully the membership will achieve cohesiveness to act in unison and to limit the bickering that the antis and government yokels use against us. As Pogo was said to have said, "We have met the enemy and he is us".
    Last edited by Jagermeister; 12-24-2017 at 01:27 AM.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"