Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?
    Last edited by dana; 12-23-2017 at 02:43 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

I commented last year on having the mods deleting or not allowing so many silly threads .... ie sasquatch , conspiracy theories etc as other than being funny they are disruptive ....
    whats a IG ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dannybuoy View Post
    I commented last year on having the mods deleting or not allowing so many silly threads .... ie sasquatch , conspiracy theories etc as other than being funny they are disruptive ....
    whats a IG ?
    Instagram.

All pics and no bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 14 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?
    All you're doing is adding to the drama. I've seen a number of really good threads lately and after years of being a member they inspired me to start one of my own (won't be as good as some members who are far better hunters than I am ). Why not just post and enjoy rather than baiting the 'bullies' and trying to dictate terms?

I love the idea of a pro hunting positive non judgemental hunting site..just don't think it can happen without heavy moderation..it would take people typing like they were talking face to face with a real person. It doesn't seem like mutual respect wins out on the web these days. Its not just this hunting site, Ive seen it in the 4x4 sites as well, its the faceless internet... I stopped posting pics or stories because of this.

I did suggest a "trip reports" section a few years back. Its my favorite thing to read after a long day fighting lower mainland traffic..unfortunately not allowing replys might be the ticket for a successful section like that..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    All you're doing is adding to the drama. I've seen a number of really good threads lately and after years of being a member they inspired me to start one of my own (won't be as good as some members who are far better hunters than I am ). Why not just post and enjoy rather than baiting the 'bullies' and trying to dictate terms?
    That'd be my take. Bit of a wave of negative right now lots to be stressed out about with the recent gb ban etc. Over time it works itself out around here for the most part.
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

A trip report would be the best way to go. BTW, good to see you back on here Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    That'd be my take. Bit of a wave of negative right now lots to be stressed out about with the recent gb ban etc. Over time it works itself out around here for the most part.
    Sooo how many members did this site loose in 2014/2015 that never came back? Status quo is not going to unify hunters as a force that will topple the NDP. This site was indeed the unifying force to topple the Liberals. The only heavy moderation back then was if you didn't follow like a sheep to the slaughter you had everything you said deleted but if you were a sheep, you could slander as many honest hunters you wanted too with zero consquence.
    Last edited by dana; 12-23-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Whether you like it or not ...... hunting has become a 'political issue'.
    You'd be blind to think otherwise. Our hunting heritage is being eroded from all sides now.
    To ignore the political aspect of access, land use and ownership, First Nation issues, is to do a dis-service to all the folks that like 'and expect' to hunt in the future.
    Just my $0.02 ....

Yes,i would rather see this site regress to where it once was. More hunting less conpiracy theory,native bashing and general nonsense.There was always some heated discussions and debate,as there should be.I often wonder how many people who post actually ever go hunting?
    Nice to see you posting Dana,hope your family is well and dropping some fine critters.