Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Could definitely be more hunting based, Ive backed off a lot over the last year or so, I don't care so much about the "bullies", but the site is called "huntingbc" not "American politics and current events in bc", there's lots of other places I can go if I want to read about North Korea or anything to do with trump, Trudeau or a pipeline? Yup can go elsewhere for that too.

i enjoy the site more than the other one that started up a while back but some threads are a waste of time in my opinion, there's so many " poor me someone was in my spot" or repeated threads its almost a deterrent at times.

Hey Dana, I do agree with your suggestions but you really lost me on page one with your second comment where it went somewhat political. You seem to have done the exact same thing you suggest needs cleaning up.
    Best to get over it, try the site again, and as others suggested, if you don't like a topic, then just don't read it and don't engage the "bullies" (whoever they are).

Welcome Back!
    A spiritual being trying to have a human experience

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Honest question? How many are sick of certain bullies that mandate their opinions and have taken all the fun away from HBC? Do you want to see real hunting and outdoor photos again and have real hunting stories again? Do you want to actually talk hunting instead of the dribble the bullies allow? This site was taken over by a very divisive crew and a whole bunch of real good hunters packed up and left because of that. Do you long for the days before that take over? Here is what I am thinking. Time to get all those hunters that left this site back. Time to make this site great again. And time to send the bullies and the trolls packing. I have been very busy the last 3 years. I have personally taken thousands of photos on my adventures over that timeframe. And unless you have followed my IG, you probably haven't seen many of them, as I have stayed far away from so-called hunting boards. Especially ones with a lot of trolling and bullying. Now, if the mods want to heavily moderate and nuke everything I say because they happen to be personal friends with some of the bullies, i will take my photos and create my own website. I have a solid base of 12 Thousand hunters and outdoorsmen and outdoorswoman that follow my IG. Many of those would be happy to join a whole new 'positive' hunting site. As an example, how many hunteress' do you have that frequent this site? Why not many? Could it have something to do with the sexism that this site promotes? In the day and age of Me Too, I am tempted to show the authorities certain member posts from over the years and out them on a Me Too campaign. These same members are the bullies that control the division of this site. Who thinks they need to go before this site can get back to being a hunting site again? No sweat off my back what you want. I can go and play in a different sandbox. But you won't have those good hunter dialogue that used to be here because other hunters will not come back until the bullies are dealt with. What say you?
    Reason: Don't know the numbers but my guess is that there are many, many more male hunters than female hunters. Wouldn't be surprised if it was close to 100 to 1.

This site promotes sexism
    is crapola!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

guest Guest

Quote Originally Posted by M.Dean View Post
    Why not just get a gang of 6 or 8 guys and go around and beat the crap out of the guys you don't like on here? Hell, that's what we did in school, worked OK! And once we got the "Bully" thing over with, I'd like to start a "Sexual Harassment" thread against some members from as far back as the early 70's!!! Dear Lord, the thing's that went on in the HBC washrooms back then were unspeakable! I feel so used and ashamed! Anyway's, Anyone know when spring bear open in region 3 this spring? I gott'a go shoot something, quick!

Always love your sense of humour....... And yes great to see you posting again too.

TW...... Don't like my sig line ........ Thumbs up, I like it a TON ! ...... Again don't have to agree with it. Your opinion. Gotta LOVE the Internet.

Quote Originally Posted by russm View Post
    Could definitely be more hunting based, Ive backed off a lot over the last year or so, I don't care so much about the "bullies", but the site is called "huntingbc" not "American politics and current events in bc", there's lots of other places I can go if I want to read about North Korea or anything to do with trump, Trudeau or a pipeline? Yup can go elsewhere for that too.

That's something that isn't too hard to deal with if the members want it.

The "Politics and Debates" forum is supposed to be about politics as it relates to hunting, fishing or guns, and some BC Politics is also allowed.

The 'some BC politics" part was to allow discussion about provincial elections, or big, important issues in BC- like Site C. The reason we instated this rule was because the hunting, fishing and guns part was getting diluted by politics all over the world, conspiracy theory crap, native issues that had no relevence to hunting or fishing, teachers strikes and god knows what else.

The net result was that people that like to post about this stuff started dumping it into Open Chat. And when people hit "new Posts" all these threads pop up along with the hunting threads.

You are absolutely correct that there are plenty of other sites to discuss this stuff, and the fact that they exist on HBC tends to dilute the hunting content. I personally would have no problem if HBC didn't have this sort of thing, but really the members should decide if they want it or not.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Certainly there’s an array of opinions shared on HBC, but I haven’t noticed much bullying. I have however read some inappropriate comments, but as long as they’re directed at left leaning members the mods seem fine with it.
    When in doubt, just pin it.

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Well, as I said earlier, I believe that this site is quite a bit better than in days past, and the moderators
    trying harder to be consistent and less tolerant with the nastiness likely has a lot to do with it.
    The way I see it...if there are those that wish for a forum that only allows pictures, stories, questions, and
    information that's purely about hunting, they have 2 choices...ignore the threads that don't fit their agenda,
    or start another forum more in line with their ideals. I'm registered on several forums, including hunting
    and fishing forums. I pick and choose the threads that I'm interested in from all of them and leave the
    rest to those that wish to participate in them...no stress, no problem. Much the same as when reading a hunting
    or fishing magazine. Read the stories and view the pictures you're interested in, bypass the ads and commercials
    you don't.

Every member has a choice on how they want to contribute or participate.
    I know my conscious decision on how I interact/contribute to this site.

I have stated numerous times that it is up to each member to try and make HBC better.
    Every online community grows or contracts based on the quality and quantity of content.
    It's simple as that.
    Content.

Rule # one on always having a good day......
    "Do not allow the action and attitude of others affect your day"
    Rule # two........see rule # one.

The only one suggestion I will make is that the owner of this site needs to take an active hands on role with HIS site.
    I find that there is no vision, no plan and no objective.

No one member can fix that.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

ONE THING AND ONE THING ONLY NEEDS TO HAPPEN ON THIS SITE: MAKE IT EASIER TO PUT PICTURES UP!

i promise only constructive hunting posts if I can add pictures from mobile devices regardless of "size".

Merry Christmas to all
    PAPERS! Show me YOUR PAPERS!!

I don't think crotch is the stealthiest scent for deer hunting. (Surrey Boy)

so are you gonna stop spreading it on your nuts for your dog to lick off? (monasheemountainman)

You weren't there and you didn't get a moose hoof to the balls. (300rum700)

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    That's something that isn't too hard to deal with if the members want it.

The "Politics and Debates" forum is supposed to be about politics as it relates to hunting, fishing or guns, and some BC Politics is also allowed.

The 'some BC politics" part was to allow discussion about provincial elections, or big, important issues in BC- like Site C. The reason we instated this rule was because the hunting, fishing and guns part was getting diluted by politics all over the world, conspiracy theory crap, native issues that had no relevence to hunting or fishing, teachers strikes and god knows what else.

The net result was that people that like to post about this stuff started dumping it into Open Chat. And when people hit "new Posts" all these threads pop up along with the hunting threads.

You are absolutely correct that there are plenty of other sites to discuss this stuff, and the fact that they exist on HBC tends to dilute the hunting content. I personally would have no problem if HBC didn't have this sort of thing, but really the members should decide if they want it or not.
    Not sure why people complain about the off hunting topic threads in the Open Chat forum. To be honest, if there is a drop in membership, the argument that the off topic stuff is the culprit is a bit of a canard. There are 25 other different forums dedicated to hunting only and 1 where any topic goes, (although I admit and am guilty of posting things in the politics and debates forum which probably shouldn't be there). To suggest the content in that one forum has somehow driven people off the site seems a little suspect. Never understood those that get on a thread in that forum and don't like the content and then start complaining. Lots of other areas on the site to keep them occupied and no one is forcing them to read anything.
    Last edited by 180grainer; 12-23-2017 at 07:57 PM.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU