Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

there are a select few with thousands of posts, but zero shares of hunting adventures, stories, kills or anything. These are the guys that are just killing time, and have turned this into their own personal forum. What ever happened to the fund raisers, the draws, the giveaways. The things that made this place something to support? Facebook and IG have taken over because you either can't comment or you can't hide behind a false name. You are accountable for what you say. These do not however support the thread type of conversations you get in forums as well. There are a lot of good threads here, also a lot that need to stay in the political section once the arguing starts.

Sure hunting is politics, but conversations can be had with respect. Seems lacking a lot.
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Guys, Girls, I'm new to this forum, (live in Calgary). My perspective is that this forum is way more positive than the one from Alberta. Something about forums seems to bring out the worst in a few people, and that happens everywhere. We interviewed one of the owners of the rokslide.com site, which has a forum, he said they banned over 300 people in a few months in an attempt to keep the bullies and trolls t a minimum. That's a lot of trolls!

Anyhow, I just wanted to give my perspective as a new user who actually thinks this forum is pretty positive compared to others.
    Cheers
    John
    https://highlanderhunting.wordpress.com/

I have a sh*t ton of good stories to contribute, the whole picture challenge has held me back I have to admit. I have some seriously comical stories hunting with my old man, I've actually thought about writing a book one day! I'm laid up with a blown knee right now, I'll spend some time over the next couple weeks and put some funny sh*t together for you guys.
    Brent

guest Guest

Looking forward to hearing and seeing your stories. I have to agree, the pictures thing is The drawback.

Lots of new and old members reappearing, good to see, as long as nothing helps aid the antis position.

Good to hear the picture thing is getting looked at. I'm sure many more hunting and outdoor stories will be shared once people can post photos without having to pay the ransom that photobucket and the such require. If the photo option in the task bar of the reply just allowed for bigger photos, it would make a world of difference.

Or something that would allow the picture to be downscaled in file size, as some of the camera's, even point and shoots, can be huge nowdays.

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

It would be really nice if it was similar to Facebook where you click on the camera icon choose the picture from your phone/computer photos and hit post.......
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	371 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	6720  
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Name:	FullSizeRender.jpg 
Views:	751 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	6722  
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

geez can't post a hunting picture but could post CB straight from my computer ????

Name:	SWIM158_TK5_03392_rawWMFinal1920-e1514312392885.jpg 
Views:	416 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	6723  
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America