Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Hey Steve, Good to see another familiar face around! It would be great to see more real hunting content on the site... Working in forestry, you are out there way more than most & it's always great to see & hear about your adventures!

I hear ya & I haven't been on this site much over the last ~decade. When I did look around, even in the peak of hunting season, the attitude feels like it's the offseason - in the middle of winter. Not many positive hunting stories & threads often degenerated into arguments. I got sucked into one of these slag fests by sticking up for my home boys who aren't on this site. It's tiring listening to the same preachers regurgitated rhetoric repeated...

I tried to walk the talk & it's been great to see some awesome hunts posted from the boys since: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...highlight=pics

Sadly, I think the forum reflects the state of our wildlife resource these days. Ungulate populations are under pressure from all sides, & the explosion of the wolf population isn't helping. We need to find a way to get united, build government support to improve & protect our wildlife resource...

Spreading the stoke by sharing real hunting experiences is the best motivation!!
    Last edited by steepNdeep; 12-26-2017 at 03:56 PM.
    The mountains are calling & I must go. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by IslandWanderer View Post
    I was initially pleased with that policy, but later changed my mind. I would have preferred the addition of meat retention.

In my opinion, most hunters haven’t done a very good job of connecting with the non-hunters in our community.
    Its good that you've changed your tune now that the elections over but the grizzly hunts gone now isn't it? Don't know if it will ever come back but I hope you will stand with us in the future.

As as for connecting with non-hunters... Yup I agree. But I also know that it's the portion of non-hunters that are anti-hunting in general that the NDP were pandering to with this ban. There's no connecting with those people, they are simply fantacitcs who won't listen to anything that doesn't suit their agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by happyhunter View Post
    Its good that you've changed your tune now that the elections over but the grizzly hunts gone now isn't it? Don't know if it will ever come back but I hope you will stand with us in the future.

As as for connecting with non-hunters... Yup I agree. But I also know that it's the portion of non-hunters that are anti-hunting in general that the NDP were pandering to with this ban. There's no connecting with those people, they are simply fantacitcs who won't listen to anything that doesn't suit their agenda.
    Thats right, un pleasable fanatics againts ALL killing, once the grizzly are shut down, black bears and wolves will be next, folllowed by ungulates.... if they had success with that it would be on to beef, pork and chicken farming. Maybe ban fishing , after all fish are people too...

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Hmmm....an educated, well articulated post, using paragraphs and absent of drama....Hmm, could we be on to something here?
    Ok, that made me laugh. No sarcasm emoji needed.

Well said.
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Quote Originally Posted by Husky7mm View Post
    Thats right, un pleasable fanatics againts ALL killing, once the grizzly are shut down, black bears and wolves will be next, folllowed by ungulates.... if they had success with that it would be on to beef, pork and chicken farming. Maybe ban fishing , after all fish are people too...
    That's Right! You can't talk to those people. They are as narrow minded as we are!

I for one, loved seeing all the huge bucks you post Dana! More of that is welcome/ appropriate!

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

This tread is getting to be a bit amusing when you notice there's now 12,447 views
    and 21 pages which is remarkable considering it started out by complaining there's
    too much chatter not directly related to hunting and pictures.

Dana if your actually back? .........
    Sincerely .
    Welcome back!
    Hunting the promised land

Quote Originally Posted by dino View Post
    Dana if your actually back? .........
    Sincerely .
    Welcome back!
    Thanks dino!

So who are all these so called bullies on here? So many questions.

just testing this picture stuff out....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hitch_zps4ce9e802.jpg 
Views:	410 
Size:	34.1 KB 
ID:	6681