Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

TexasWalker is now on a 7 day Xmas vacation. Anyone else want family time?
    My daughter comes here as do many other members wives and daughters.
    For the rest of the membership. IF you see something that isn't right and needs attention use the report a post tab, little triangle in the bottom left corner of post box. There's only a few of us mods and even less admin. IF the membership wants the site of old back we are going to need your help. We can't and don't read every thread or every post. We too have lives!!
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

To be honest I've never even noticed the little triangle. Will make use of it from now on for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone Sheep Steve View Post
    Firstly- FD and I have different styles of communication (like a lot of HBC members). I think that's pretty obvious.

If you think that FD has ever supported the NDP or Greens then I think you have an issue with comprehension. NO ONE on HBC has ever been more out-spoken against those two than FD. Just ask any of our resident HBC NDP supporters and they will tell you.

I went back and re-read the last thread that you posted on before you packed up your toys and left the sandbox(..for the 3rd or fourth time?).

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...where-you-hunt

If you think the purpose of the allocation rallies was to convince people to vote NDP or Greens, then you missed the entire message. The purpose was to let our former government know that the vast majority of majority of resident hunters in BC were not happy with the splits the government announced.

The BCWF was and still is a non-partisan organization. They tell their members to engage their elected officials (or people in the running to be our elected officials) on issues that are important to its members.....wildlife funding, proper time-wise studies and inventories etc.

One of your first posts on your return to HBC was to announce that wildlife in BC is in big, big trouble (no one is disagreeing with you on that one). Then you go onto bash GG saying he is siding with Raincoast and the other antis.
    Most of the things he posts on FB and Twitter are about things that adversely affect wildlife and fish populations. Most of us here on HBC support responsible natural resource extraction. To blindly support all forms natural resource extraction uses is irresponsible.

Let's take site C for example (which was a very divided topic of debate here on HBC). Yes, we need clean power but if you look at the track record of the dams in BC (Eg. Peace-Williston), you will find that wildlife populations have steadily gone downhill post-flooding by a substantial amount. The Fish and Wildlife Compensation programs set in place have been gutted over the years and have done very little (more like next to nothing) to restore wildlife numbers to pre-flooding years.

No one gets the big picture more than GG and that big picture is

1- funding
    2-science

3-social support

Under our current govt, at best we may get and increase in funding, but don't ever count on gaining #3 as we just witnessed with the g bear issue.

How long until the next time you pack up your toys and leave?? Hmmmmmmm........

SSS

Hmmm....an educated, well articulated post, using paragraphs and absent of drama....Hmm, could we be on to something here?
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    To be honest I've never even noticed the little triangle. Will make use of it from now on for sure.
    It's a good tool, as long as people understand the purpose of it is an "Alert" and not a "demand" so mods will look at something and may or may not take action. And people that use it too often may get ignored.

People should also understand that they reap what they sow. If you go in hard then object to a hard response, don't expect the HBC administration to bail you out.

Conversing like an adult isn't that difficult, really
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Some light evening reading. ... nobody really knows me and I like it that way, and those that do know where I stand. This group is supposed to be about like minded people , and all you seem to do is slam and bitch about stupid shit. If we want things to change then we must start thinking colectively ,constantly at odds within our groups will accomplish nothing! The constant bullshit needs to end,! A special thanks to Elkhound and Steeleco for their work with this forum. Merry Christmas to everyone.
    Last edited by Billybird; 01-05-2018 at 04:15 PM.
    Tight groups Safe hunts

What turns me off the most is constantly seeing obvious antis posting inflammatory crap in almost every thread. If I wanted that condescending condemnation I would find some liberal arts students to hang out with. Life is too short fir me to wade through that crap. I post very little info because I have watch those who do get torn apart by Island Wanderor, Jassimine et al.

Merry Christmas to all my HBC friends. Thank you all for another fine year. Welcome back Dana and welcome anyone just lurking. I really appreciate all of you, from weather and road reports to people who have stumbled across my camps or bumped into me. HBC is a wonderful community. Met so many good people along the way. There should really be HBC hats and decals... I'd rock that kind of gear. Just wanted to say thank you and make a toast to wildlife and conservation.

Merry Christmas.
    Last edited by caddisguy; 12-25-2017 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeleco View Post
    TexasWalker is now on a 7 day Xmas vacation. Anyone else want family time?
    My daughter comes here as do many other members wives and daughters.
    For the rest of the membership. IF you see something that isn't right and needs attention use the report a post tab, little triangle in the bottom left corner of post box. There's only a few of us mods and even less admin. IF the membership wants the site of old back we are going to need your help. We can't and don't read every thread or every post. We too have lives!!
    I apoligize for laughing at what he said. He often has a very off colour sense of humour and I didnt think he was being serious.

Last edited by Islander30; 12-25-2017 at 08:50 AM. Reason: spelling

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Quote Originally Posted by caddisguy View Post
    Merry Christmas to all my HBC friends. Thank you all for another fine year. Welcome back Dana and welcome anyone just lurking. I really appreciate all of you, from weather and road reports to people who have stumbled across my camps or bumped into me. HBC is a wonderful community. Met so many good people along the way. There should really be HBC hats and decals... I'd rock that kind of gear. Just wanted to say thank you and make a toast to wildlife and conservation.

Merry Christmas.
    I have a couple of HBC hats and other paraphernalia....I thought it was still available...anyone know?

Holy that was a waste of time reading... it’s pretty simple, read what you want, don’t fall into the baits... funny as people are so worried about stature behind a keyboard, but in real life they don’t amount to anything special, sure everyone has certain talents but does anyone truly care? Like Dana says he has 12 thousand followers, no offence to Dana but it don’t mean anything, just another keyboard stature. Welcome back Dana! Your stories were missed.
    Anyhow the thing killing this site by death of a thousand cuts, POSTING PICS! I can put ads on Craigslist,Facebook, post in other forums with pics by simply inserting pic, magic is one step, no seperate accounts, resizing, then importing etc...
    It’s 2018 pretty well, the picture thing here is 10 years plus old, someone do the site a favour and bring it up to speed! One click!
    I like drinking beer and whiskey, shooting guns, jetboating, love a nice rack and a tight line, I am simply a sophisticated redneck...