Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

Re: Do You Want This Site To Be About Hunting Again?

We do have a few that try to "convert" others to their way of thinking. Easy solution - ignore them.
    This site requires a thick skin.
    Growing old is unavoidable. Growing up is highly overrated....

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    It only takes a cocky little $hit to open his mouth and it is easy to see things haven't changed. The band leader is reading though. He's probably making a list just like I am. Hahaha!
    I see you have not changed you are still vindictive & just as "cocky", try burying the hatchet and letting things go,life goes on and people get on. We are all allowed our own opinions, does not make anyone "more" right than the other..
    I joined this sight because of all the great threads you used to post on mule deer and respect you & your hunting skills and passion.
    Last edited by Spy; 12-24-2017 at 10:39 AM. Reason: you and your

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    I see you have not changed you are still vindictive & just as "cocky", try burying the hatchet and letting things go,life goes on and people get on. We are all allowed our own opinions, does not make anyone "more" right than the other..
    I joined this sight because of all the great threads you used to post on mule deer and respect you & your hunting skills and passion.
    Hahaha, the internet persona I created still lives on. Many over the years got it. Many more never did. Hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by quadrakid View Post
    the problem is all the crap has crawled from the open chat into the hunting forums. Don't agree with this at all, but of course the way QK has set up the statement, I must be part of the problem then People don,t post because they attacked for whatever reason. People don't post for a number of reasons. The main culprit is the difficulty in posting pictures. That has been lamented on time and time and time again by numerous posters and on various forums. if you think this site is fine as it is then you may be part of the perceived problem.As opposed to a troll which we see far too much of , this thread looks like one man,who is an actual hunter trying to revive a site into what it once was. I'm not sure what his motives are and perhaps they're admirable. But what stood out to me initially was the carrot of three years of pictures will be posted if the Mod's clean up the site. It's a type of bully behavior in and of itself. I'm sure everyone would love to see the pictures as the guy definitely has some good ones. But do you really want them that bad when he's clearly trying to dictate how this site should be run "in his mind". A place to share hunting stories and info and generally bond as a commmunity of like minded individuals as opposed to a bunch of whining snivelling keyboard jockeys.
    .................................................. ................................
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

Well, "dana", I've very much enjoyed the pictures you've been kind enough to share with us,
    and I've told you so, but we have differences in other hunting objectives. That in my mind
    doesn't make either you or me right...only different. Although I'm basically a meat hunter, I see
    absolutely nothing wrong with a hunter holding off on average sized game in his zest for "the big one."
    As for getting involved with heated discussions, I try to stay away. As for chatting about non
    hunting issues, be it questions, advise, or sharing experiences, I see nothing wrong with it provided
    it remains respective and is in the open chat thread and out of the specific hunting related threads.
    I also don't post pictures because of the frustration in doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    Hahaha, the internet persona I created still lives on. Hahaha.
    So let me get this straight. When someone said something you didn't like or in a manner you didn't like, they were sexist or a bully or whatever category fit in your mind. But when you said something someone didn't like or in a manner someone didn't like, it was on the account it was based on a persona you created for the internet or this site....or both........Do I have this right?
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,

Collectivism is Slavery

Support a Woman's right to arm herself.

Jan 13th
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9Pm8-tFuU

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    There is a male appreciation thread on HBC started by the ladies on HBC. I will admit Im a man and love looking at beautiful woman I think that is totally natural if you are human thats how we were wired.. I think it might not be politically correct in todays times but I don't follow that snowflake sheep mentality.. Like Rug Dr said in an earlier post if you don't like or enjoy a thread nobody is forcing you to click on it and open it.

Sage words Spy. Merry Christmas!
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Since everybody likes the sound their own keyboard makes, I'll post my opinions too.

I try and not say something on the internet that I wouldn't say around a campfire. There is a way to disagree with people without being disrespectful.

I disagree with 90% of what Spy says but would love to share a beer and a fire with him.

I think the mods do a FANTASTIC job of herding the cats and running the daycare around here. It would be nice if it was easier to post pictures, but if I was the guy running this site I'd think long and hard about spending money or time to add a feature. I'd sooner be outside myself. Maybe Marc could post up that he is looking for a volunteer with tech experience to run an upgrade?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

Way I see it not everyone on this site is a "Trophy Hunter". This site is called Hunt B.C., not Hunt Monster Mulies or Big Buck B.C. A monster buck to most guys on here is a big fat 2x3, not a 185 stinking late season rutt'in buck. Most guys on here can't spend 20 or 30 days chasing a huge buck they named from years gone by, when they see a decent animal with horns, they shoot it and in the freezer it go's. At the end of there hunting trip, if they didn't score they don't start throwing there gear around, kick everything in site and blame there hunting partners, other hunters, the weather and everything else but them selves! Sure most guys love the sport of hunting, but they don't let it consume them to such a point where there losing good friends and family over the fact you didn't get the monster buck you've been having wet dreams about! I love it when I see some idiot on the golf course screaming and yelling and bending his Taylor Mades around a tree cuz he missed a shot! Same with some hunters, if you can't go out and enjoy the outdoors and have a great time chasing animals around, maybe take up golf! The best way to keep from being "Bullied" on any site is simply not to read the article, no? Don't like someone on here, put them on your "Ignore" list, no? With this many members there's has to be the loud mouth few, the ones that seem to find fault in everything no matter how small of a deal it is, and as the sun starts to set and the bottles start to open, it get's even louder! But this is the Internet, what do you expect? The best way to stop a bully is quit reading his bulling garbage, no? And a "Merry Christmas" to all!

Quote Originally Posted by albravo2 View Post
    Since everybody likes the sound their own keyboard makes, I'll post my opinions too.

I try and not say something on the internet that I wouldn't say around a campfire. There is a way to disagree with people without being disrespectful.

I disagree with 90% of what Spy says but would love to share a beer and a fire with him.

I think the mods do a FANTASTIC job of herding the cats and running the daycare around here. It would be nice if it was easier to post pictures, but if I was the guy running this site I'd think long and hard about spending money or time to add a feature. I'd sooner be outside myself. Maybe Marc could post up that he is looking for a volunteer with tech experience to run an upgrade?
    Right back at you buddy that day will come, if you ever find yourself on the Island please drop me a line & I will do my best to get you out hunting, then we can enjoy that beer or 3 around the fire..
    Merry Christmas