Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for advice from Experienced hunters

Re: Looking for advice from Experienced hunters

Quote Originally Posted by madBEAVER View Post
    Hi Guys,
    as I like to torture my family while we're driving around in the car- I like to listen to Podcasts. I had to turn off Rookie Hunters as the kids were learning too many new words for the playground-lol. One great podcast I found was "Highlander Hunting". If anyone is in my similar position, I found this podcast excellent. Content is good, guests are excellent, and they are Canadian boys as well. I've learned a bunch while I've been binge-listening to them.
    funny. Thought the same thing. I was building a sled track for my kids with the podcast on and I was surprised by the language too.

If you like Elk hunting, check out Rich Outdoors. Lots of great guests with a solid elk focus.
    Looks like Highlander is on stitcher now so I'll give a listen.

Cheers

Check out PG66's tutorials via HowtoHunt.com.

Not free, but excellent.
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Great resources for newbies, thanks for sharing.

app development dallas, web design dallas, web development Dallas, chicago web design, bitstudios,
    Last edited by jamesdave; 08-29-2019 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dapesche View Post
    funny. Thought the same thing. I was building a sled track for my kids with the podcast on and I was surprised by the language too.

If you like Elk hunting, check out Rich Outdoors. Lots of great guests with a solid elk focus.
    Looks like Highlander is on stitcher now so I'll give a listen.

Cheers
    I listen to the rookie hunter very often and I must say they do get some good guests that are full if great experience and information. However the two hosts, in my opinion, are just that ROOKIES. Not trying to run them down or take away from What it is they are doing but I do feel as a beginner in the hunting world you might be better off learning from guys like highlanderhunter or something.

Quote Originally Posted by S.W.A.T. View Post
    I listen to the rookie hunter very often and I must say they do get some good guests that are full if great experience and information. However the two hosts, in my opinion, are just that ROOKIES. Not trying to run them down or take away from What it is they are doing but I do feel as a beginner in the hunting world you might be better off learning from guys like highlanderhunter or something.
    LOL! I'm half of the Highlander Hunting Podcast (John McCann) I appreciate the confidence guys! Hope we don't let you down.

For those that haven't listened, search "Highlander Hunting" in Itunes, Podbean, stitcher, Google play. Or go to highlanderhunting.com and follow the link.

Quote Originally Posted by madBEAVER View Post
    Hi Guys,
    as I like to torture my family while we're driving around in the car- I like to listen to Podcasts. I had to turn off Rookie Hunters as the kids were learning too many new words for the playground-lol. One great podcast I found was "Highlander Hunting". If anyone is in my similar position, I found this podcast excellent. Content is good, guests are excellent, and they are Canadian boys as well. I've learned a bunch while I've been binge-listening to them.
    Thanks for the compliment Beaver. We deliberately watch our language and ask the guests to do the same, we've been embarrassed by driving around listening to podcasts with the family ourselves.

If you email us your mailing address we'll send you a vinyl decal.

Cheers.
    John McCann
    highlanderhuntingpodcast@gmail.com