Thread: Quick Question About The Fraser Valley

Quick Question About The Fraser Valley

Hi everyone! Hope the waterfowl season is treating everyone well.

I just finished up my semester of school and am looking to do a little waterfowl hunting over the break. Unfortunately, I have yet to be successful in gaining access from farmers, so right now i'm stuck to public land, which is VERY limiting as you all may know.

My idea was to go hunt along the banks of the Fraser, especially in back sloughs and maybe small ponds. My only question is "am I allowed?".

I checked the Fraser Valley Special Areas License and the area that I wanted to check out is okay to hunt in. I checked the City of Chilliwack Bylaw 2740 "Firearms Regulations" and the area is not within city of limits. Am I missing something in regards to hunting along the Fraser? I think that i'm okay and public dykes (for access) are usually public. Also note that there are no buildings or structures in the vicinity.

Thanks in advance! Just tough for a newbie.

Matt

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Quick Question About The Fraser Valley

I wish you luck.I found that most of the likely public areas did not hold birds. for a variety of reasons , the really likely areas are IR's or are heavily frequented with dirt bike and atv enthusiasts. If the area is not being frequented it can hold birds but is usually frozen over if there is no other users. Your best bet is to keep knocking on doors and hopefully get permission to hunt private land, it is challenging.