Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: An Elk Hunt With Me

Re: An Elk Hunt With Me

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    We all have a choice on HBC.
    Endlessly debate issues with the same repetitive groups or take the time to share some field experiences.
    HBC has slipped into a debating sight more than a hunting site.

I try and drop the odd story to keep some hunting content going.

More should do the same.
    Just sayin
    Couldn't agree more.

Gawd I love elk hunting!

These stories are the common ground to which we can all relate. We all have them and the incredible experiences are so enjoyable that they keep us going in pursuit of the next great hunt. The possibility of such hunts is the very reason we ALL want to continue to hunt and to preserve our lifestyle. Thanks for the distraction.

Do you have a picture of the final mount on a wall? I would love to see it. I am debating how to go about mounting mine and when I saw yours, it is what I was looking at, but a right hand turn versus a left.
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

Quote Originally Posted by Seeker View Post
    Couldn't agree more.
    Then why not post your own story?

I've been pretty active on the site this season and the number of people posting their success stories is dismal. Yet, there's no shortage of comments agreeing with Ourea when he encourages others to "do the same".

Fricken post stuff up, people, if you want the place to get better

VERY well written, and magnificent elk! I hope to find a legal 6 in the OK Valley let alone a big old bruiser like that!

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    We all have a choice on HBC.
    Endlessly debate issues with the same repetitive groups or take the time to share some field experiences.
    HBC has slipped into a debating sight more than a hunting site.

I try and drop the odd story to keep some hunting content going.
    More should do the same.
    Just sayin
    Hence the reason I post my hunting adventure thread every year.. Not about getting boone and Crockett. About sharing hunting stories with other passionate woodsmen (or wannabees)...

I may not take the biggest or best of any species but like sharing my passion..
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Great story and awesome elk!!! Thanks again for sharing your adventures.
    kenny
    I love it when the seasons change.
    Fishing to Hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by rocksteady View Post
    Hence the reason I post my hunting adventure thread every year.. Not about getting boone and Crockett. About sharing hunting stories with other passionate woodsmen (or wannabees)...

I may not take the biggest or best of any species but like sharing my passion..
    Your many hunt shares are always appreciated and duly noted by most.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Thanks for sharing the awesome adventure Ourea, that must have been an amazingly satisfying way to finish that hunt after the events that transpired... a real roller coaster. Thanks again for your important contributions to HBC and more so to the maintainable future of hunting in BC. We are a minority and we need people to be passionate able hunting today more than ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrj View Post
    VERY well written, and magnificent elk! I hope to find a legal 6 in the OK Valley let alone a big old bruiser like that!
    Reg 8 still holds moderate numbers but has taken a sh*t kicking in age though.
    I haven't hunted the Okanagan in Reg 8 myself, for elk, for 3 yrs now.
    Pretty tough to find many bulls that make it past 3 or 4 years.

Pressure, access, and a heavy yr round FN presence is pretty hard on the elk here.
    Not discouraging anyone but do understand it is tough to find elk that are not being bounced every other day.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Then why not post your own story?

I've been pretty active on the site this season and the number of people posting their success stories is dismal. Yet, there's no shortage of comments agreeing with Ourea when he encourages others to "do the same".

Fricken post stuff up, people, if you want the place to get better
    Not my thread, but already done.....
    There was a time I thought all parties that cared for wildlife and habitat conservation could find common ground. I was wrong. Adapt....

What a beauty elk Ourea. Thanks for sharing and getting the site back on track.
    …..better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.