Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: An Elk Hunt With Me

Re: An Elk Hunt With Me

Reminds me of the time my brother and I got a beauty 310 class bull on a steep sidehill. We had to tie it to a tree to gut it, and the guts rolled about 50 yards down the hill after we cut them loose and hung up on a small alder.

I put a 3rd rib hind on my pack, and my brother helped me to my feet on this small ribbon of game trail that ran across the steep hillside.

"You okay?" he asks. "Yup" says I.

I took two steps then slipped on a wet rock and rolled end over end down the hill with that pack on, finally stopping when I crashed into the gut bag in the alders.

Remind me again why I have aches and pains in my old age?
    Quote Originally Posted by chevy
    Sorry!!!! but in all honesty, i could care less,, what todbartell! actually thinks
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    but man how much pepporoni can your arshole take anyways !

Heck of a good bull.
    Thanks for the story. Sounds like you were a wee bit concussed after the wipeout. We are all tough guys here but I’d be the first to insist my partner gets checked out by a doctor after being out cold. Glad you were okay.

Awesome story! Thanks for sharing!

Loading up the elk and taking him out to my partners barn as he doesnt fit into the plans downstairs anymore.
    Sure there will be a few looks while driving down the hiway with him in the back.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Do u mind sharing the numbers on this great bull?? Sorry if you allready have

Thumbs up Re: An Elk Hunt With Me

That read was just as exciting as it was the first time around!
    You are one FINE tale teller Buddy!!
    Hell of a hunt, and one hell of a Fine Bull!!

And, some of the names that popped up in this thread had me wondering just where a few have wandered off to...

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    ... Sure there will be a few looks while driving down the hiway with him in the back.
    LOL! I can actually see that in my mind's eye!
    Hilarious!

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Yup, there will be lots of folks looking, nice bull!

Had a friend (passed away now) who helped me how to hunt elk.
    He had a bull 9x8, and scored in the 400's (and no, it wasn't in any bc trophy book)
    Anyways, when he built a new house, he had a trophy room made up downstairs.
    He had to have the Mount placed into the house, before the windows and doors went in.
    Wouldn't be able to get it in otherwise.

Sadly, after he passed, his wife just "gave it away" (supposedly??) to some local foreigner?

Quote Originally Posted by Kootenaykid85 View Post
    Do u mind sharing the numbers on this great bull?? Sorry if you allready have
    The bull is north of 350"
    Missing a bit of his front end to boot.

We have killed bigger but I love this one's character.
    I am not fixated on numbers

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

great story, great bull, great adventure.

lets the rest of us dream of such a hot pocket.

thank you for sharing.

Nice read, cannot remember reading it before. Lot of times I can't remember if I was coming or going.
    That is a very nice spread. Must be a disappointment to pay for the taxidermy and unable to display it. But with the size of the mount it is understandable that it doesn't fit the plan. What you need is a house that has a vaulted ceiling vista living room. There must be a home with that feature in the area north of Carmi/Beaverdell Road.
    ".....It will be far easier to limit and undo the follies of a Trudeau government than to restore the necessary common sense and good judgment to a depraved electorate willing to have such a man for their prime minister......​"