Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Proposed Hunting Reg Changes for 2018 - 2020

Question Re: Proposed Hunting Reg Changes for 2018 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Staal View Post
    ... Kind of like a lot of the rest of North America.
    There are a LOT of places in North America that allow crossbows through standard archery seasons.
    More States than not btw.
    In fact, I have a permit to do just that in Alberta & Saskatchewan myself.
    Likely collect that from most places I would ever desire to hunt.

You would have me withdraw from hunting with pointy sticks due to permanent injuries?

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Re: Proposed Hunting Reg Changes for 2018 - 2020

Sounds like you’re talking about a special permit to hunt with crossbow due to physical limitations. That’s not what we’re discussing.

I’m no expert but I’m guessing they didn’t eliminate the archery season because they feel too many animals are being wounded. I’m guessing it’s over harvest. All I’m saying is that all things being equal, a compound is a tougher hunt and more difficult to get within ethical range and I feel would result in less animals being harvested in an archery season......that is compared to an archery season which includes crossbows. I’m not saying people can’t hunt with crossbows, just my opinion that they shouldn’t be lumped in with compounds/trad gear in an archery only context. Kind of like a lot of the rest of North America.
    you could move to another province ? ( if you like it so much)
    BLACKRIFLESMATTER

Sounds like you’re talking about a special permit to hunt with crossbow due to physical limitations. That’s not what we’re discussing.
    I get it, it may not be (physical limitations) what "you were discussing"....BUT....
    It is something "to consider"...because it could be something that "happens to you".
    If they closed or shorten the season, then yes, it better be due to "conservation concerns"....100%.
    But, whether the bow is flung by crossbow rather then bow, should not be a factor in "harvest limitations".
    If you want to have a separate discussion, something to say that "bow should only be used", that's fine, have a discussion/debate on that...IMO.
    But in light of all the recent political/ethical climate out there right now against hunters, and hunting, a lot of us
    on here have "lost our patience"....hope you can understand that?
    Right now, it's probably more important to stay "united", rather then becoming "fractured" at every little corner.
    Something that, if you follow all the threads...is running rampant.
    In the end, people just get pissed off with one another, and we just become "more divided", sometimes just to
    "prove the other one wrong".
    Maybe one day down the road (if were lucky), we can go to that format again....but we really need to ask ourselves:
    "do we need to get into the debate right now, with all that is going on, with people looking to shut us down, and a political party that no longer wants to keep our lifestyle protected"???
    That's all...

I find it comical that people actually are debating these proposals, like all is good in this province and 'I' want this and 'I' want that. Some on this site have been blowing sunshine up your asses way way to long. The fact is, things in this province are very very bad. Wildlife pops across BC are tanking. Now you can pretend the sky isn't falling. You can even bring in so-called science from the States that tells you so. But....the sky is indeed falling!!! We need to get off our collective asses and do something about it!!! Not only are our wildlife in dire conditions, we have a government that is about to cater to their base and take everything from us!!! Arguing about proposals is just want 'they' want. Keep us divided and they have the battle won.

Nice to hear from you Dana, and spot on with your observations..
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

Thumbs up Re: Proposed Hunting Reg Changes for 2018 - 2020

Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    ... We need to get off our collective asses and do something about it!!! Not only are our wildlife in dire conditions, we have a government that is about to cater to their base and take everything from us!!! Arguing about proposals is just want 'they' want. Keep us divided and they have the battle won.
    Welcome Back Dana.
    You have been missed.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

I wasn’t trying to start an argument at all or be divisive. Was simply expressing my opinion on a particular regulation/season that the bulk of our other provinces seem to have adopted. We are certainly are all in this together, like it or not. This site can and is a great resource for alot off issues surrounding hunting. Unfortunately there are a lot of intelligent and knowledgeable people who refrain from using it because of the backlash they get from other users when expressing any form of opinion.

I wasn’t trying to start an argument at all or be divisive. Was simply expressing my opinion on a particular regulation/season that the bulk of our other provinces seem to have adopted. We are certainly are all in this together, like it or not. This site can and is a great resource for alot off issues surrounding hunting. Unfortunately there are a lot of intelligent and knowledgeable people who refrain from using it because of the backlash they get from other users when expressing any form of opinion.
    Yup...I hear you....
    Lately it's the "political climate" that has taken this site to an all time low....as far as bashing goes...IMO.
    Obviously, this is an "open forum", where people like to share a lot of different things, related to hunting.
    With that comes "open debate" obviously....
    and sometimes the debates get heated for sure...
    Again...just a "sensitive time" for the hunting community for sure...it's not "business/chat as usual" due to things that keep happening out there in the media/political arena these days...but it's been coming for quite sometime now.
    It would be great if the social climate was such that we could just sit here and debate on "minor stuff"....
    but, there sure is a lot of finger pointing going on right now amongst us hunters...trying to blame the other etc..
    At some point I hope we get "exhausted" beating ourselves up....and look for ways to "work together" to put hunting back into a "positive spotlight for us and future generations".
    And then we can all get back to "how to we grow more wildlife" concerns....debates...lol
    Anyways....have a good Christmas....BMI

I agree 100% but where what do we start with ?
    Quote Originally Posted by dana View Post
    I find it comical that people actually are debating these proposals, like all is good in this province and 'I' want this and 'I' want that. Some on this site have been blowing sunshine up your asses way way to long. The fact is, things in this province are very very bad. Wildlife pops across BC are tanking. Now you can pretend the sky isn't falling. You can even bring in so-called science from the States that tells you so. But....the sky is indeed falling!!! We need to get off our collective asses and do something about it!!! Not only are our wildlife in dire conditions, we have a government that is about to cater to their base and take everything from us!!! Arguing about proposals is just want 'they' want. Keep us divided and they have the battle won.
    KEEP SHOOTING OR SHOOT A BIG GUN!!!!
    IF YOU DON'T HUNT YOU AINT RIGHT IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!
    A SCREAMING ELK THERE'S NOTHIN BETTER!!!!!!
    KNOW WHEN TO KEEP THE WIFE OUT OF MY HUNTING SPOTS !!!!!!!!!!