View Poll Results: What species is next?

Voters
360. You may not vote on this poll
  • Moose

40 11.11%
  • Sheep

36 10.00%
  • Black Bear

68 18.89%
  • Wolves

184 51.11%
  • Mtn Goat

11 3.06%
  • Other

21 5.83%
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: What species will be closed forever next?

Re: What species will be closed forever next?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdown View Post
    so you actually consider letting dogs out to tree cougar and then walking up to the treed cougar after doing absolutely nothing and shooting it “hunting” ?
    Why are you on this site? Simple question answer it truthfully.

so you actually consider letting dogs out to tree cougar and then walking up to the treed cougar after doing absolutely nothing and shooting it “hunting” ?

Ha Ha, Yup thats just how easy it is.....

You really need to give it a try not what your thinking lol

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    "Forever" seems a little dramatic. They already closed the grizz hunt once before .... and reinstated it. Probably just a little while until it's back on again
    Fully agree!
    Should be replaced with temporarily.

Notice how mum the NDP was when AW introduced on few occasions the "you shoot it- you eat it" bills. No doubt they remembered when the grizzly moratorium introduced by UD in 2001 helped to nearly annihilate the NDP.

According to AW- (Dec.18 )the NDP announced a moratorium on the hunting of Grizzly bears in British Columbia.... we are delighted with the NDP announcement.
    Moratorium- a suspension of an ongoing activity.

The grizzly ban was coming, it was only a matter of when- it was just a continuation of what they started in 2001. The Liberals will repeal the bill when elected. Looks like future grizzly hunts will be a function of who governs.

As for other game I'm sure they will stop the wolf & other fur bearing animals hunt since they are not hunted for food.
    The black bear hunt will stay since hunters for over 20 years are forced to take the meat home & there are way, way too many of them.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Wolf down. .perhaps your missing some points..you still got to physically keep up..or get to where the dogs and cougar are..takes effort to get there before cougar jumps or hurts the dogs..
    There is the advantage of a treed cougar..you can judge if it's a male or female..if it is an adult..large and old or young inexperienced cat.you can decide to harvest your legal animal..or gather up the dogs and leave the cat go if it's young or female or?
    The licenses..tags all contribute to the welfare of all animals. .non hunters don't contribute a single cent to big game well being.
    Without dogs cougar hunting..lynx hunting would be pretty difficult I have heard of it being successful..but damn...tough go..
    I was on a lynx hunt..i eventually arrived at the treed lynx..guide..very experienced guy said it was a male but a bit small..took some photos and we left..yes if he had been 5 pounds bigger. .i would have harvested him..however until I do find that large old male I have a great photo .
    Biologists use hunters as a wildlife tool to manage these preditors in their ecological role in the grand scheme of things..
    If you don't understand..that's OK. .it doesn't make the harvest less legal or less successful..you are entitled to your opinion..howeverif you ddon't like hunting..there are quilting forums..this is where hunting...all types of hunting are discussed and celebrated..where new hunters can come and learn....we need not scare these new hunters off with critical dismissive attitudes..
    We need to stand together as hunters regardless of what and how we legally hunt.
    Srupp

Cougars are hunted this way because it is the best, (and realistically) only, way to hunt them, for many reasons, period.

As anyone, who has hunted a lifetime in this province will tell you, just having a glimpse of the animal is a rarity, big time!

Big game animals have been managed through conservation AND hunting for 100 years (give or take) all over the planet for a reason.

Why? Here is where you need to lift a fcuking finger and educated yourself!

If you care to take a hunting course, you WILL be educated!

On this specific animal, hunting with dogs ,will let the hunter know, what is extremely, important to the hunter..

Is it healthy? Is it a female with cubs? I could go on...

How would you know, these two basic questions with a quick shot, if you ever saw one?

Again, there is no such thing, as to, leaving wildlife to regulate it self (mother nature) with what "we-you" have left it with!..

That way of thinking, left the barn in the late 1800"s
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Wolfdown is a troll. Stop feeding him.
    I won't always be young, but I can be immature forever

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    100%.....I called her out months ago. Do not feed into the baiting.

Quote Originally Posted by dougan View Post
    The NDP in bc
    "Like" Haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 325 View Post
    I agree, its more towards Mrs Harper and all her sheep..
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..