Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BCWF- Grizzly hunt cancelled- Statement

Re: BCWF- Grizzly hunt cancelled- Statement

Quote Originally Posted by cpwrestler View Post
    I'd like to see an access to information request for the emails. They claim 78% were opposed to hunting the bears, but how can they make that claim when that wasn't even the topic they were investigating?
    Do a survey on GB hunting at a Starbucks at Robson St vs one done in Fort Nelson.
    Pretty much create the data you want.

Reality is that wildlife surveys by the left is only done in urban centers where the results and opinions are guaranteed to support their social and moral agenda.

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with keyboards and forums. - F L Wright

Try and be kind to everyone but fear no one. - Ourea

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post
    Do a survey on GB hunting at a Starbucks at Robson St vs one done in Fort Nelson.

Reality is that wildlife surveys by the left is only done in urban centers where the results and opinions are guaranteed to support their social and moral agenda.
    VERY well said

Funny thing is...or not so funny...
    Wonder how the "opposistion party" will respond to this in the Parliament????
    Will they bash the NDP with questions...just like many have brought forward about the "validity" of those
    emails questionares etc....or....
    will the opposistion be "to afraid" to lose voters themselves???...and not question it?
    (especially if the new format on voting succeeds)
    Has the oppsisition come out with any "formal opinion themselves"???
    (especially if the new format on voting succeeds)

Just like the pipeline debate here in BC....
    "do most people know that we already have a pipeline running here...basically...the new one will run right alongside the old one"...
    Has it been that bad??? it's been here for a very long time already.
    Most people really have no clue, nor does the media help inform them to come to "their own" conclusion.
    Like it was said....depends who you ask and where they live...

Any chance BCWF may want to "lower their membership fees"....just to help recruit more supporters...
    (yes I know, I still feel we need a group that represents "resident hunters"...not just wildlife...but since there isn't
    any really anything working out, and BCWF can't change the way they are "structured")
    they still are the best we've got at this time....lets face it...they/we are all apart of the hunting fraternity.

My comment “WE” is solely based on the number of votes recorded by the voting population. And then some folks voted Green. Those two parties hold the cards, BC residents brought them to this place.

Serious bummer for my grandchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by Ourea View Post

Yup, they will always cater to the majority which are city slickers....good response btw BCWF..

I'd like to see an access to information request for the emails. They claim 78% were opposed to hunting the bears, but how can they make that claim when that wasn't even the topic they were investigating?
    I spent some time on the antis FB pages and they were pushing their followers hard to write letters.

My guess is the vast majority of responders don't live in BC, don't pay taxes in BC and don't vote in BC.

SSS
    https://oceola.ca/
    http://bcwf.net/index.php
    http://www.wildsheepsociety.net/

I Give my Heart to my Family....
    My Mind to my Work.......
    But My Soul Belongs to the Mountains.....

That sounds like a forgein funded NGO influencing government policy ....

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I was at the Protest on the Victoria Parliament grounds. Weaver stood up there and
    implied he was sensitive to hunter's concerns and stood behind us...he's a very good
    example why so many people don't trust politicians. I can't stand, and don't have any
    respect for someone that will say anything to persuade voters to vote for them, especially
    when they know full well they're either telling lies or have no intention of following through
    with their commitments. In the old days such a two faced individual would be tarred, feathered,
    and rode out on a rail!

All Weaver cares about is proportianal representation..without that he will never get enough votes to have any power....and if that does go through i dont think hunting will fair well....not that it matters anyway when we the politicians give our crown land away to non canadians who have more rights than the canadians..
    "Our arrows will block out the sun!" "Then we shall fight in the dark!" K.L. Government is not the solution to our problem, it is the problem. R.R. “One of the great mistakes is to judge policies and programs by their intentions rather than their results.” M.F. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJ...fYFveARiWyqjQA

There is a lot of power in having that information.

The gov is playing a social licence card. Being able to discredit their claims would be invaluable in influencing the vast majority of BC residents, those that don't really care one way or another if G Bears can be hunted.

I've played this same game in Alberta on another hunting issue. Having the data was the critical element in forcing the government's hand to back off.

A formal information request is not hard, but is best done by someone with experience in order to avoid the traps.

Will anyone follow through?