Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Turkey season is coming

Re: Turkey season is coming

Ahhh. That’s a different question. There are lots of birds out there. Too many some would say. They definitely are in the area around Castlegar too. I’m not heading home until Tuesday, so there better be some birds left when I get there. The later you go, the more chance the toms will be hiding away with all the hens, and less likely to come to your calls. Sooner is definitely better than later...
    If we’re not supposed to eat animals, how come they’re made out of meat?

BHA, BCWF, CCFR, PETA, Lever Action Addict.

wow carefull out there.

Late season can be good, lots of guys prefer it over early season. Many hens have been bred and are busy sitting on their nests, while the toms continue looking for action.
    Twist and pull.

Anyone going out this weekend or want to help a not new to turkey hunting but new to turkey hunting in Canada person out. I got my Grand Slam this year... got my Osceola in Florida back in March, and just shot the Washington Slam (Merriam, Rio, and Eastern) last week... had some extra time and with my wife visiting our family near Oregon I even successfully harvested a bird down there... That's five birds this spring. Been blessed. Got the OK to go hunting BC this weekend, admittedly plan to even hunt Idaho if the stars continue to align. Will be out Saturday through Tuesday. Thanks in advance!

If I could figure out how to get the pictures to upload I'd share a few! Keep getting upload fail....

Quote Originally Posted by walks with deer View Post
    darksith looks like a beauty with the bow..

i found a broken arrow in my back yard and i am missing a ridley bronze tom i herd the was a green truck in my driveway when i was at work.. do you know anything about this?
    haha, piss off lol. My arrow is clearly intact
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

Quote Originally Posted by avidnwoutdoorsman View Post
    Anyone going out this weekend or want to help a not new to turkey hunting but new to turkey hunting in Canada person out. I got my Grand Slam this year... got my Osceola in Florida back in March, and just shot the Washington Slam (Merriam, Rio, and Eastern) last week... had some extra time and with my wife visiting our family near Oregon I even successfully harvested a bird down there... That's five birds this spring. Been blessed. Got the OK to go hunting BC this weekend, admittedly plan to even hunt Idaho if the stars continue to align. Will be out Saturday through Tuesday. Thanks in advance!

If I could figure out how to get the pictures to upload I'd share a few! Keep getting upload fail....
    upload to tinypic.com and then copy image url into comment here with [ img] [ /img]
    WSSBC Monarch
    WSF Life Member
    2% Certified
    RMGA Member
    CCFR Member

FL - Osceola 3.20.19

WA - Merriam 4.16.19

WA - Rio Grande 4.17.19

WA - Eastern 4.18.19

OR - Rio Grande 4.21.19

Plan to post a more comprehensive write up after I finish hunting this spring but here is a teaser of what success I've had so far! So...ya if anyone wants to help keep the ball rolling I will be forever greatful. I have twins coming (due-on) the 19th of May... currently working on something in the LM and am afraid this will be my first and only opportunity for sometime to get a BC gobbler. I mean... too if you guys want to swap a little info I can obviously help you hunt WA as it can be closer/as far and what you'll save on gas will pay for your out of state/country tags.
    Last edited by avidnwoutdoorsman; 04-24-2019 at 09:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksith View Post
    upload to tinypic.com and then copy image url into comment here with [ img] [ /img]
    Look at that! It worked!

Thanks for the photos, I have to live vicariously through you guys!