Thread: Online species licence never showed up

Online species licence never showed up

So long story short: I order my species licences for the season on August 25th, thinking that ordering by mail would be more convenient. By September 9th they haven't showed up, so I go to my local outdoor store and buy a second Mule and Whitetail tag for opening day. The next week I call ServiceBC and they tell me that I need to wait at least 15 business days before I can have the tags replaced or canceled. They also said that as long as it has been less than 30 business days, I can have the tags replaced, otherwise there is nothing they can do, and I can't get another moose tag. So I wait and call back the first week of October. ServiceBC then says that it has to be within 30 calendar days, contradicting what I was told earlier. This system leaves as little as a 5 day window where you can report your missing tags.

I explained that I had called before and was told something different. They then told me that they would have to pass things over to Fish and Wildlife and that they would be in contact with me. Two months later I haven't heard anything.

Because of all of this I wasn't able to go moose hunting. I had to pay an extra $30 to replace the missing Mule and WT tags, and had to eat the cost of the Moose tag.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM THIS YEAR?

I will definitely be buying all my licences in person next year.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Online species licence never showed up

This is actually the first I have heard of someone not being delivered their tags in a timely manner, usually within a week. Are you sure there was nothing more you could have done to allow yourself to go moose hunting? Come hell or high water, I would have spoken to someone who would have been able to sort out the issue so I could continue with my plans to hunt moose.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

My gf ordered her black bear tag online and it never ever showed up. She ended up having to go to the local Service BC office and stand in line for 2 hrs to get the MIA tag canceled and refunded then had to go stand in a different line for another hr to get a new tag issued. I started a thread detailing this back in the spring.

That is too bad, bound to be some hiccups. The shoul have a better system in place for when problems do occur.

I ordered all my tags online and had fast delivery times.
    KCCO

Thumbs down Re: Online species licence never showed up

One of the Older Crew here in town had his son order their moose tags etc.
    Reason being, the older Gent doesn't know anything about computers, and sure as hell doesn't want to undertake that learning curve at this stage. Despite repeated calls, and repeated bullshit replies, those moose tags never did show up. They too have contacted the CO's over this, and again, no reply to date.

I have zero plans on relying on these eff-ups to get it right.
    I will be picking mine up, in person, every single time.

Cheers,
    Nog
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVNNhzkJ-UU&feature=related

Egotistical, Self Centered, Son of a Bitch Killer that Doesn't Play Well With Others.

Guess he got to Know me

Quote Originally Posted by IronNoggin View Post
    One of the Older Crew here in town had his son order their moose tags etc.
    Reason being, the older Gent doesn't know anything about computers, and sure as hell doesn't want to undertake that learning curve at this stage. Despite repeated calls, and repeated bullshit replies, those moose tags never did show up. They too have contacted the CO's over this, and again, no reply to date.

I have zero plans on relying on these eff-ups to get it right.
    I will be picking mine up, in person, every single time.

Cheers,
    Nog
    I bought mine in person this year. If I'm paying for it, I want it in my hand.

Everything came very quickly and conveniently this year for my wife and me when we ordered online. Really handy since the local shop was closed during hunting season after their store was damaged. Made me nervous though every time I ordered a tag.

My boy didn't get his tags either, and after a phone call, the guy on the other end says, oh ya, we have a record of you buying them, they never did get sent out.
    Got his tags in Ft nelson from the forestry office, before we headed into Sheep camp..
    Can happen..
    Trudeau is a Neya Noonan Utim Tugeye

My brother bought a moose tag as well so I just planed on getting out with him and split the animal with him. He just got busy and we didn't make it out. I did get out a couple days during moose season but only saw a cow at 600 yards across thick clearcut terrain. I'm not too upset about it but it could have been a lot worse. Moreso I am upset that they took my money and didn't give me what I paid for, and wouldn't let me buy it again.