So long story short: I order my species licences for the season on August 25th, thinking that ordering by mail would be more convenient. By September 9th they haven't showed up, so I go to my local outdoor store and buy a second Mule and Whitetail tag for opening day. The next week I call ServiceBC and they tell me that I need to wait at least 15 business days before I can have the tags replaced or canceled. They also said that as long as it has been less than 30 business days, I can have the tags replaced, otherwise there is nothing they can do, and I can't get another moose tag. So I wait and call back the first week of October. ServiceBC then says that it has to be within 30 calendar days, contradicting what I was told earlier. This system leaves as little as a 5 day window where you can report your missing tags.

I explained that I had called before and was told something different. They then told me that they would have to pass things over to Fish and Wildlife and that they would be in contact with me. Two months later I haven't heard anything.

Because of all of this I wasn't able to go moose hunting. I had to pay an extra $30 to replace the missing Mule and WT tags, and had to eat the cost of the Moose tag.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM THIS YEAR?

I will definitely be buying all my licences in person next year.