Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: trapline fun

Re: trapline fun

Quote Originally Posted by trapman View Post
    is it just me..........or is that a duck?

in for a head first landing

just sayin'

whognu

Whognu not sure what you meant by headfirst landing but yes it is a duck

geez what do I know......I'm looking and looking at that picture trying to figure out what the hell it is you caught

d'oh, its the bait

I should quit while i'm ahead

There’s no such thing as a dumb question. If we learn something new every day it’s a good day

nice pics, trapman. Keep them coming.

Well I had a great trip up to the trapline with curly top, great guy. We shared a lot of laughing and stories which is what the great outdoors is all about. The day started out well let’s say not on the best foot, My new snowmobile would not start so we had to double Luckily we only had 6 inches of new snow. Not much for tracks due to the snow the night before but still we are excited once we left the track. After five or six traps and the first bay pile, we had no fur but curly top never did stop smiling. We made it to the second bait station no Wolf sign anywhere but in the back corner we found a coyote hung up in the tree. We followed up the valley another few kilometres to the end of our traps and found nothing else. We ended up talking to a couple timber cruisers from Merritt looking to mark out another clear-cut. I have met these guys before and seem to really know the area and what goes on in it. I asked them if they had seen any wolf sign anywhere they replied with nothing in the area the last two weeks but they had seen some sign up on the Boston bar side of the mountains. Hopefully these are the remaining two of the pack that we are after and they’ll soon come back to my side of the line. They did tell me I have seen a much larger moose presence in the area since we have trapped the six wolves . Not sure if they’ve moved in because the wolves have moved out or they just move around a lot more when the wolves are not there to bother them. Will back to the truck and loaded up everything then we headed to the north side of the trap line. I’m one of the first boxes were checked we had a bobcat. At the bait station no wolf sign and very few coyotes Tracks well another few miles up the road I unloaded the snowmobile and headed up to the high country alone. Due to the amount of snow we wouldn’t be able to both double on the same sled . Last trap of the day I pull the links out which made it a great day. Curly top got to see three of the furbearing animals on the trap would be nice to see a couple others but that’s how trapping is

guest Guest

Thanks so much TM for the great Share with me out there. I enjoyed every minute of it!
    maybe next time on the Wolves, that said am happy you put a smack down on the preds in your area. It all helps. The ungulate population will be very grateful.
    My first time ever on a trap line, very interesting to say the least.
    So .....if you can help a Traper out in any way you can, your helping to bring a balance back to the management of all species.
    Get out and see how hard these guys are working to benefit all species.
    Thanks again Trapman. I enjoyed you having me along.

CT