Thread: Meek & Cry Lakes

Meek & Cry Lakes

Couple buddies and I are planning a hunting trip up to Northern BC next year. Wondering if anyone has input on these lakes: weather, game access/abundance and access.

Sako 75 Finlight 300 WSM
    Benelli Superblack Eagle II

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Meek & Cry Lakes

Meek is a caribou hunt. Next to no moose. Some nice goats. Lots of big bears. Next to no sheep. Scenery is absolutely fantastic, weather can be terrifying. Good hiking if you camp in the right spot, bring a boat!!!!!

Cry is a sheep hunt, with some goats, a few moose, caribou. Weather is better.

How good is the plateau for caribou. Also wonderinf where the cabin is and if the road shown on the backcountry mapbook is real or not.

Sako 75 Finlight 300 WSM
    Benelli Superblack Eagle II

There are lots of caribou there, I have seen dozens. Including bulls swimming past our camp. The cabin is at one end of the lake, but don't plan on staying there. The outfitter is active and will kick you out. Wall tent!

Meek lake has some great trout fishing, I think Cry lake affords you more opportunity’s for a game. Beale is also one to consider. If you would like more info please PM.

Sorry I know this is an older post. Is cry lake worth the flight for bou/goat or should I pick another lake in the cassiars to go. I am a capable hunter and have done sheep/goat fly ins before
    im planing on bringing my dad for possibly his last mountain hunt(he’s 71) can hike all day but not to good on the steep stuff anymore.
    thank you for all your advice