Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghillie suit action...

Re: Ghillie suit action...

They look Great... good prices too. I may have to get one to put in the gear bag...
    My son likes to sit up closer to the decoys with his 20Ga instead of the blind.

Which pattern are those? hard to tell with the lighting. I am thinking that the desert colours may blend into the wetland grass we hunt - more golden than green or moss...

We went with the mossy pattern. Blends in beautifully. Today was a real test for the suits as it was clear and sunny.

We were able to sit 20 yards from our decoys and the birds would land right in our set. We only managed to take home one duck today and we passed on quite a few smaller ones. We also missed one great opportunity where we had two BIG Mallards fly right across our set. They didn't flare away or change direction. I don't think they even knew we were there. Unfortunately we were looking in the wrong direction and could not draw our guns fast enough for a shot; they were moving fast.

So if the suits worked well on a clear blue bird day, I can't wait to use them on a wet and windy day!
    Last edited by deltawaterfowler; 12-13-2017 at 10:19 PM.

If you end up getting one for your son get one for yourself too. Ditch the blind and be the blind!

Cool! I gotta get myself one!

Just reviving this thread because I made my own ghillie suit. Check it out. Just took it out yesterday but nothing was flying so no chance to test it yet.

https://i.imgur.com/n60SSmWl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by silveragent View Post
    Just reviving this thread because I made my own ghillie suit. Check it out. Just took it out yesterday but nothing was flying so no chance to test it yet.

https://i.imgur.com/n60SSmWl.jpg
    Awesome! That bush has a gun!

Great work, it sure is nice not having to lug a blind out to the marsh isn't it?

I'm thinking I'll hit up Roberts Bank this weekend. If you decide to head out let me know. I've got about 3 dozen deeks we can add to your spread.

I sent you a PM.