Page 27 of 48 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Site "C"

Re: Site c....

I can't wait for site D
    its gonna take a life time to hunt and fish all this

It been a few years now since I looked at the plans, but I think that one is in Alberta.

I wouldn't want to be Horgan....He's sure gonna piss off lots of people that figured it would be shut down..I have mixed feelings on the project...As far as valuable crop land well it wasn't really ...As far as winter range for Deer Elk and Moose ...YES...

This is what should concern users of this web forum most. When the Williston was installed, moose populations went from 10,000 plus, to less than 3000 in the affected area.

Quote Originally Posted by elknut View Post
    As far as winter range for Deer Elk and Moose ...YES...
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

Sure reminds me of the dams on the Columbia. And all the protests about them. However, we seem to be able to use the power without flinching even a little bit. Now the Mayor of the big smoke is saying no more nat gas permits for new houses inn the near future, I wonder where the heat will come from? Methane? Cows will have to have a balloon strapped to their backs for collection, I guess. Dave

Re: Site "C"

Latest-
    Green Leader Andrew Weaver suggests recall campaign of NDP energy minister if Site C approved.
    Too little too late!
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3908042/g...te-c-approved/

To scrap or not to scrap Site C- Horgan will make his announcement in Victoria in the library rotunda of the legislature at 12:30 p.m. local time tomorrow.(Dec.11)

No doubt Horgan will reluctantly (we truly don’t want to but we have no choice- BS) approve it. He’ll say it’s at a point of no return & the fuel powered alternatives would be too dangerous for mankind citing Gore the con artist & his AGW BS.

Still hoping for a miracle!
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Organised labour speaks louder to the NDP than any amount of environmental concerns. In addition, a bunch of contractors have probably donated a lot of money to Horgan's favourite charity. A bunch of environmentalists may remember this and pretty well guarantee the present government will be a one term government, if that. GD

Quote Originally Posted by GreyDog View Post
    Organised labour speaks louder to the NDP than any amount of environmental concerns. In addition, a bunch of contractors have probably donated a lot of money to Horgan's favourite charity. A bunch of environmentalists may remember this and pretty well guarantee the present government will be a one term government, if that. GD
    You could be right! If successful in recall & re-electing Liberals in the vacant & recall spot it will come to 43 Libs 40 NDP & 3 Greens & 1 Independent. Time to topple the gov't asap.
    “People never lie so much as after a hunt, during a war or before an election.” -Otto von Bismarck
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by mpotzold View Post
    Latest-
    Green Leader Andrew Weaver suggests recall campaign of NDP energy minister if Site C approved.
    Too little too late!
    https://globalnews.ca/news/3908042/g...te-c-approved/

To scrap or not to scrap Site C- Horgan will make his announcement in Victoria in the library rotunda of the legislature at 12:30 p.m. local time tomorrow.(Dec.11)

No doubt Horgan will reluctantly (we truly don’t want to but we have no choice- BS) approve it. He’ll say it’s at a point of no return & the fuel powered alternatives would be too dangerous for mankind citing Gore the con artist & his AGW BS.

Still hoping for a miracle!
    I kind of think they are going to go ahead with it also, not sure why they would go ahead with anything the Liberals started.

It was leaked on the news this morning that it will go ahead. It's typical Andrew Weaver saying he will initiate a recall of the minister, but scrapping Site C was not part of the written agreement between Greens and NDP.